Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Reported By: EH — New York New York United States of America
Time Warner Cable
New York, New York United States of America

Time Warner Cable Time Warner Fraud New York New York

Time Warner increased my bill by $100/mo, for my phone/internet/cable, because I called to have an appointment with Rival Verizon. Verizon registered the appointment unbeknowst to me, even though I did not authorize that I was switching or ready for any installation or change in service. I did not chose to go with Verizon because my apt  would not accept the wiring. I was socked by TW for having that apppointment with a new monthly fee of $275 dollars/mo., (my monthly is was $162, already way above the promo offers.) even though I never alerted them or cancelled services. My bill or internet account did not reflect or register why changes in pricing occurred. When I called they said it was because I had called Verizon, and they believed that I was about to cancel my service, so they cancelled it and I lost my previous 'pricing' When I said I never authorized or cancelled, they arrogantly said they still had the right to do that even tho 'It was a mistake'  and it is legal for them to use information from Verizon's system. Then they harrassed me with phone calls about late payment, , even though I could not get through to customer service lines to find out what this was about. Then, I asked if I could could cancel the phone portion of my Triple Play, and they refused unless I paid huge surchages. ie I no longer use the phone, but if I cancel the phone portion my bill goes UP!!! Ditto for TV or internet. So I must continue to pay a pay this large fixed fee, OR  pay astronomical fees for single services. I am buying services with RANDOM and EXTORTIONARY pricing methods -- plus bullying on the phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/New-York-New-York-/Time-Warner-Cable-Time-Warner-Fraud-New-York-New-York-988631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable