Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Reported By: jimmerz — Nacogdoches Texas United States of America
Time Warner Cable
8121 Callahan Road San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Time Warner Cable Continued billing for a returned modem San Antonio, Texas

Time Warner has no shame.  My beloved cousin died in early November, and I have been trying to close out her account since then.  She had a bundle package with internet, television, and a landline home phone.  We cancelled some of the service shortly after my cousin's death.  We also returned two converters at this time (I have a receipt for these returns).  We chose to retain the cable coverage till the 15th of January.  I called Time Warner on the 16th to cancel the remainder of the service.  They stated they couldn't cancel the service till the modem was returned.  I returned the modem to one of their stores on the 19th of January.  I asked the person receiving the equipment if this was all I needed to cancel the account, and he said yes.  I asked if I would be receiving a credit on the account and he said yes.  On the 10th of February, I received a bill for $81.36 still showing that the modem was not returned.  My account has a $98.07 credit without the modem and card.  I was told that the account did show that the modem was returned and that it "just had not been put into the system" and that it now had and that a credit would be issued shortly.  They further stated that nothing was owed on the bill.  On March 1st, I received a bill from a credit collection agency for the $81.36; I had received no other notification between the 10th of February and this notice.  I immediately called Time Warner and was assigned a case number.  The rep again stated that it was clear I had returned the modem, but that they would need to verify that it was in their facility.  I don't know what that has to do with anything since they noted that the modem had been returned.  He stated that I would receive a call back by the 5th of March letting me know what the status was.  I did not receive a call yesterday so in the afternoon I again called customer service.  Again I was told that it was clear that I had returned the modem.  This rep stated that the previous rep should not have told me I would receive a call by Tuesday because it would take up to 8 business days to research the situation.  I asked to speak to a Supervisor and was placed on hold for a long period of time.  When the representative came back on the line, she stated there was a backlog of calls (not surprising after looking at all the complaints) for supervisors and someone would give me a call back within 24 hours.  In one hour it will be 24 hours and not surprisingly I have not received a call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/San-Antonio-Texas-75961/Time-Warner-Cable-Continued-billing-for-a-returned-modem-San-Antonio-Texas-1024473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable