Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: jmfreddes — San Diego California United States of America
Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable Gift Card Scam , Internet

Do not fall for the gift card scam.  On three separate occassions, I was promised $150 in gift cards for signing up with TWC.  I was even given the website and codes to enter.  On the second and third occassions I specifically asked if this applied to me since mine was new service and  the site indicated "switch to TWC" and was told definitely yes.  When I went to register for the gift card and had problems, I called and was told that I just had to wait until 30 days after service was established.  So....I waited.

This time it took all the codes but said that I did not qualify because I was neither a student or had switched from another service.

Numerous times, I have contacted TWC and have been told that I was basically lied to, mis-informed and well, they are sorry about that.  Once the supervisor even put me on hold when I requested they check they tapes for specific agent and dates and was told the same thing - yes, we did tell you that but it doesn't apply to you.

I have gone so far as to write the corporate office to no avail, not even the courtesy of a response.

This is after they messed up my order twice!

Horrible, deceiving business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/internet/Time-Warner-Cable-Gift-Card-Scam-Internet-983467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable