Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Reported By: Ayshford — New York New York United States of America
Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable Shake Down, Internet

*Consumer Comment: ?????????

Time Warner Cable is claiming to have an unpaid 4 year old charge of mine and based on this claim is refusing installation and service.

I have been a TWC customer since cable TV was invented except the one year I lived out of town.  I am
moving Thursday and had scheduled an installation with TWC for Thursday afternoon at my new apartment.  Tuesday morning I received a call from their audit department and the caller claimed that I had an unpaid bill from 2008 and that my install was cancelled until I paid or proved I had paid.  I don't have my receipts from 3 years ago and doubt any receipt would the the "right" one anyway!

I have had TWC for the past 2 years since I moved back to NYC and established a new account.  I keep being told things like "we don't check when service is transferred" even though I did not transfer service previously -- I closed my account, moved away, moved back, opened a new account based on the old one.
Where has the audit department been?  Since when is it "pay in 48 hours or else"? My bills have always been paid with TWC.  This is a scam and a shake down.  Calling up clients in the middle of a move and claiming there's an old $200+ issue -- I think they just expect most people will cough it up.

Not only is this in the middle of a stressful move but it will leave my family without service over a long holiday weekend.  I do not owe any money and am being treated like a criminal in a country without due process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2011 05:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/internet/Time-Warner-Cable-Shake-Down-Internet-746790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable

?????????

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

Call your bank and order a copy of the check. Sounds pretty easy to me.