Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Submitted: Thu, September 27, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Garner North Carolina United States of America
Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable TWC doesnt offer contracts and it doesnt honor their verbal agreements , Internet

Earlier this year, in February or March a representative of Time Warner Cable offered me home phone, internet and cable with free DVR and ShowTime for a year for the price of $99 plus taxes, if I decided to stay with the company for another year.

On August of this same year I found out that TWC was charging me for Showtime the whole time and when I called someone told me that she couldnt do anything about it because even if they told me that it was going to be free, the charge was showing on my bill every month and if I didnt see it before, it was not their fault, the only thing to do was to cancel the channel. No refunds or anything.

Now it is only October and TWC is trying to increase my bill by saying that my offer has expired and the internet speed increase will no longer be free. I am absolutely amazed by it because I was very specific when I said I didnt need an upgrade on internet speed and most of it because even if they say I got the upgrade there is nothing different about my internet now than from previews years when TWC wasnt offering this nonsense.

Last but not least, my DVR will no longer be free; if I want to keep it I have pay for it.

Time Warner Cable is taking advantage of its customers by promising Packages for a fixed price and then later on adds charges to your bill and prays that you wont notice.

Currently Time Warner Cable does not offer contracts, they do not honor their verbal agreements and customer service is a joke.

Obviously I will not remain a customer unless they start offering yearly contracts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2012 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/internet/Time-Warner-Cable-TWC-doesnt-offer-contracts-and-it-doesnt-honor-their-verbal-agreements--947606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable