Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Submitted: Thu, January 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 10, 2008

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Time Warner Cable
2951 Kinwest Pkwy, Irving Texas 75063-3134 Nationwide U.S.A.

Time Warner Cable Bait & Switch, Unethical & Illegal Billing Practices, Bullying Customers Dallas Texas

I called and purchased Time Warner's High Speed Internet at the offered discount rate of $29.95 from their website: www.timewarnercable.com. My confirmation # for those services was: xx963, my reference # was: xx743. When I received my first bill, they pulled the bait and switch, charging me $44.95 instead of the discounted rate. When I called they didn't have anything in my account stating they had given me that discount. Even after I gave them both the reference and the confirmation code that I was given over the phone, they did not have my discount entered into their system. That was a clear bait and switch. Then I proceeded to end my services with them.

My husband called and cancelled on December 12, 2007. Our cancellation code is #400887 dated on 12/12/2007. The person we talked to said that our account was paid up and current to 12/27/07, and that we did not owe them anything because the Company bills in advance and we had not passed the billing date 12/27/2007 for the following month's services. She told us that our cancellation would be official at midnight on the 12th of December, 2007. We thought everything was taken care of until 2 days ago, January 8, 2008 when we received another bill, which had charges for two billing periods (Bill for January and February's services, totaling $93.20) and with a notice that we had a late payment. We called Time Warner Cable, to no avail. They took my name and number and have yet to call me back.

I believe this company is pulling the bait and switch on customers and when customers leave because of their illegal practices they try to force them to pay for services they no longer want or are being provided. They are attempting to charge us for services we haven't ordered, nor do we want.

I believe that Time Warner is using this as a tactic to bully former customers into staying with them because it ultimately easier to accept the fraudulent charges than to fight them on it. I believe these are illegal and unethical billing practices. This company is scamming people and they should not be billing me for services I never wanted nor received. This is wrong.

Haars
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2008 08:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/nationwide/Time-Warner-Cable-Bait-Switch-Unethical-Illegal-Billing-Practices-Bullying-Customers-298995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable