Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable/Road Runner Online

• Submitted: Sun, June 29, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 29, 2008

• Reported By:Garden Ridge/San Antonio Texas
Time Warner Cable/Road Runner Online
www.twc-sa.com San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Time Warner Cable, Road Runner Online Service will NOT operate properly! Sent out 16 technicians never solved! San Antonio Texas

The biggest mistake I ever made was switching from AT&T to Time Warner for my phone and internet services. I already switched happily to Direct TV from Time Warner Cable. That's a completely different story!

From day one I've had connectivity issues with my phone and internet service. Dropped calls, loss of internet connection, super slow bandwidth. I'm paying for 10 Mbps and I'm only getting 642 kbps at the moment. Some times it's so low that the request for the page times out and I cannot get anywhere for about 30 minutes to about 3 hours. At this same time, my phone service doesn't work.

I call the worthless customer service and I get no where, they tell me to repeat the same old process of resetting the modem and router. And renew/release my ip address. Nothing helps. They tell me they're going to have to send out a tech to analize the issue, because on their end I'm supposedly getting a good signal.

So this last time, the tech replaced my modem/router with an older model that looked like it was about 4 years old and all messed up (cosmetically). Who knows where they've been, or how they've been treated. It took him 2 hours to try and get that useless router up and running. Then I find out he put an 802.11b that's not even compatible with 802.11g. Are you serious? This is a major worldwide corporation and they can't even give you brand new or at least updated equipment like AT&T does?

FORGET downloads, stereaming videos (that I need for online college courses), fast access to my banking info, and emergency access to 911 god forbid I need it. Thank goodness for my good old trusty cell phone.

Furious by now, I called the billing department and demanded some sort of reimbursement for the lack of service i've been getting from them. I told them to look at my history and see how many times I've had someone out to my house to check for a problem and nothing gets done. The things is, is that they can see that my phone modem has been resetting constantly through out the day. And they tell me nothing is wrong? I got a crappy "one time only" 10% credit for my total bill.

Now, they threten to disconnect my service because i've been "making uncessassary calls to customer service about my service" To this moment, while I'm writing this report, my network monitor is showing that the internet is disconnecting and reconnecting.

Like I mentioned before their cable service sucks, my DVR started making this horrible grinding sound (the hard drive). I lost everything. The replacement DVR with a dent in the top lasted only a few days before it started resetting itself when ever it wanted.

How can this company be operating legally with so many people complaining about their service and business practices?

Excuse my spelling, it's 1:14 in the morning.

Kevin
Garden Ridge/San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2008 12:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-CableRoad-Runner-Online/San-Antonio-Texas/Time-Warner-Cable-Road-Runner-Online-Service-will-NOT-operate-properly-Sent-out-16-techn-345478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable/Road Runner Online