Complaint Review: Time Warner (Socal)

• Submitted: Fri, March 05, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, March 05, 2010

• Reported By: Tina4Peace — Bellflower California United States of America
Time Warner (Socal)

Time Warner ,Socal Collections Agent Shanun I started service with Time Warner and I had it 2 weeks and they shut me off, saying there was a previous unpaid bill at the address my daughter moved into Internet

My daughter moved into an apt. and I ordered cable tv and internet from Time Warner. She had IT 2 WEEKS AND THEY SHUT IT OFF. i CALLED THEM AND THEY PUT ME ONTO SHANUN, IN COLLECTIONS DEPT. she told me there was a previous bill on the apt. I said I didn't owe anything she told me I would have to fax her a copy of my daughters rental agreement as well as a utility bill from my daughter old address to prove this wasn't her bill!! I work and I have excellent credit. I stopped my payment on my credit card for the original 69.94 and told her to bill me. Well they billed me for 68.25 and I only had it on for 2weeks. Something is very wrong here. I am filing a complaint with the BBB. The billing department wouldn't even talk to me to discuss my charges because the collections department had put a note on my file so they would only give me the collections department. What right does this company have to charge me with someone elses past due bill? Why should I have to provide them with my daughters rental agreement? I am the one who is responsible for the bill I have and how can they just turn off my service and charge me trumped up charges?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2010 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Socal/internet/Time-Warner-Socal-Collections-Agent-Shanun-I-started-service-with-Time-Warner-and-I-had-i-578818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner (Socal)