Complaint Review: Time Warner

• Submitted: Wed, January 02, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 06, 2008

• Reported By:van nuys California
Time Warner
Oxnard St Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

Time Warner cable shut off my service before my do date Van Nuys California

*Consumer Comment: They are apparantly HORRIFIC no matter what state! TWC is Terrible in Texas, Too!

I started service with then in mid Nov 07 for the phone cable and the internet.
service guys were here 6 times trying to fix the problem with the cable not working right and the phone would cut off while in a call , after several times of them coming out they decided to replace a cable box and add a amplifier to my cable to fix it.
reps at the office said on the phone they would credit me for the month and and waive the install fee for the problems and the time I had to take off work.

So I tried to call them "with my cell: my time used" cause my home phone don't work I was on hold for over 25min, I then hung up and went to there office in Van Nuys "Oxnard st" when i finally got to the counter they said I had to pay 475.00 to have my services turned back on.
I ask to speak with a supervisor about this Huge bill i have, The supervisor Victoria said I needed to pay that in full, I showed her the statement I received in the mail showing what i needed pay to have my services kept current was 18.20 "THATS ON MY STATEMENT" she said that was wrong and I have to pay the full amount. i PAID 45.00 AT THAT TIME
I then asked to talk with the manager she stated that there was not one in till next week and left me a name and number. "BBB U AND I KNOW THATS BULL"
So please help me with I have kids here and I don't even have 911 in the house God forbid.
I refuse to pay them a dime more until this issue is cleared up.

Mike
van nuys, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2008 09:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner/Van-Nuys-California-91405/Time-Warner-cable-shut-off-my-service-before-my-do-date-Van-Nuys-California-296531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

Why was comcast so great while Time Warner cable is so bad? Sorry you suffered them too, Mike. In Texas, they bill you for services they cannot provide, too. then they shut off service only to have no clue how to turn it back on. they are a heap of morons and whoever runs TWC on the National Level must be to blame since it is apparantly the way they operate nation wide.

They monopolize your cable in your area then litrerally RIP YOU off when they know you have no other option for cable TV. They are a NIGHTMARE and need to be MANDATED sever penalties and we the coonsumers should unite immediately and class action them into their proper place so perhaps they treat people better, seeing as to how they are taking money for services they cannot provide & all.