Complaint Review: Time Warner

• Submitted: Thu, April 25, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Charles T. — Fort Lee New Jersey
Time Warner

Time Warner Enrolled for non-bundled package when I moved though claimed I would be getting bundle discount, Internet

I had time warner internet for 39.99 a month and was satisfied with the service.

Last month, I moved, and Time Warner is my only choice for cable and internet at my new residence.  I called them and enrolled for the Double Play package for ~89.99 a month + taxes and fees ( they hit you with a lot ).

A few days ago I get the bill and I am charged a la carte for both services, at a whopping 59.99 and 54.99 for cable and internet along with box fee, preferred fee, utility fees, modem fees, etc for a total bill of about $150...not to  mention the $45 installation charge.

Of course, they did not refund my money. I am still trying to cancel TV service with them (internet is unfortunately essential). I have called 5 times. Calls were dropped, there were an endless number of transfers, and I still haven't been able to even cancel billing.  This is the most ridiculous service I ever had.

I had no problems with Optimum, no stupid hidden fees and they gave me confirmation of my order when I signed up.  Time Warner is terrible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner/internet/Time-Warner-Enrolled-for-non-bundled-package-when-I-moved-though-claimed-I-would-be-getti-1046247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner