Complaint Review: Timeless Reflections

• Updated: Mon, May 09, 2011

• Reported By: KevinOsheaDesigns — New York New York United States of America
Timeless Reflections
119 West Devlin Street Spring Valley, Illinois United States of America

Timeless Reflections Rob Schramm DESIGNERS BEWARE: MIRROR SUPPLIER RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND A CROOK Spring Valley, Illinois

*Author of original report: Timeless Reflections Remedied This Complaint

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: How much is too much??? Response to Kevin's report!

You may have already seen a previous Rip-Off Report about Timeless Reflections in which the author speaks of Rob being very accommodating until payment is received and then everything goes awry including how unprofessional he becomes and product not being delivered.  I unfortunately am here today to back up that previous designer's post.  You will also note Rob's response saying that because the author remained anonymous that the things they were saying about his company were untrue.  Well I will gladly put my company's name to this post in hope to prevent any other Interior Designer's out there from making the mistake I made in using Timeless Reflections.

I contacted Rob last Summer for a job I was working on in Cape Cod.  I was in need of approx. 160 custom cut antique mirror tiles for a wall installation.  He was very accommodating at the start, always following up and even took the time to do some hand antiqued samples for me.  I had no reason to think twice when I sent him over $3700.00 for the mirrors to be manufactured at the end of October.  I was told the mirrors would be ready to ship the second week of November, I asked for him to ship the Monday of Thanksgiving week.  I never heard anything back that week and so I started to contact Rob via email and phone to no avail.  I started to get worried and that's when some internet searching unearthed the previous Rip Off Report and a Grade of "F" from the BBB in Chicago for another claim filed against his business he did not respond to.

Rob finally contacted me in mid December with the excuse that his manufacturer never shipped the mirrors (they were apparently sitting in a warehouse somewhere).  They finally arrived the week before Christmas, one of the boxes was so badly damaged my UPS driver had me come to his truck to see if I even wanted to accept it.  I accepted the box and upon opening the box discovered many of the mirrors damaged and the most intricate mirrors missing entirely.  The UPS driver had noted the damage in their system, I photographed the damaged boxes and then discard the broken glass as there were pets and small children in the house the installation was going in.

Rob informed me that he could not replace the items until he received an insurance claim from UPS OR I could pay an additional 700.00 for the replacements which he would refund me after he got the UPS claim check.  I informed me that in essence I had paid for product I still hadn't received.  I sent everything UPS requested, waited patiently with a half finished installation until after the first of the year.  After more heated emails back and forth Rob agreed to replace the damaged and missing pieces.  He sent another box in early February, upon opening I realized that three one-off custom pieces were still missing.

I phoned Rob again and he basically said he replaced what he got paid for by UPS, I told him what about what I paid him for...I still hadn't received the entire order.  He protested a few more times on email and voice messages and then agreed to make the final three pieces.  That was almost two months ago and I have not received the pieces nor has Rob returned any of my calls or emails.

At this point I don't expect I will ever see the final pieces of my still unfinished installation.  Rob Schramm runs Timeless Reflections in a most appalling way both in his lack of professionalism and lack of follow up.  As an Interior Designer I have worked with many vendors over the years and HAVE NEVER been treated in the manner Rob corresponded with me, or had to devote so much of my valuable billable hours chasing product months after I was to receive it.

INTERIOR DESIGNERS BEWARE: Don't bother with Timeless Reflections, it will cost your company valuable time, money and your reputation with your clients.  This is a despicable company and I would recommend you use other mirror vendors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2011 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Timeless-Reflections/Spring-Valley-Illinois-61362/Timeless-Reflections-Rob-Schramm-DESIGNERS-BEWARE-MIRROR-SUPPLIER-RUDE-UNPROFESSIONAL-AN-711078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Timeless Reflections

Timeless Reflections Remedied This Complaint

AUTHOR: KevinOsheaDesigns - (USA)

I am writing in response to my previous post, after posting this Rob contacted me immediately and we were able to remedy my issues with the company and the remaining product that was outstanding was delivered to my job site so my installation could be completed.

I did not want this issue to come down to me having to post a long diatribe about my angst and frustrations but I felt out of choices, I am glad Rob stood behind his product and company and came through in the end.

I would stress that the quality of the mirrors I received and the execution of them being cut to my specifications was great, there was a serious of unfortunate events that occurred along the way that were caused by the third party shipper which caused the confusion and ensuing issues.

The installation looks great and clients are happy, I would say to anyone reading this that the issues outlined above don't appear typical of Timeless Reflections (certainly not how helpful Rob was up to the point issues arose) and I would not let this weigh heavily on your decision to use this vendor.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

How much is too much??? Response to Kevin's report!

AUTHOR: Rob Schramm - (United States of America)

I have responded to all of Kevin's issue (though there were so many).  True he paid $3700 which was discounted for him from almost $4100.  I did everything that he asked, including shipping out when he said.  Kevin seems like a straight forward nice guy but got upset when he got 3 packages and 1 of the 3 looked like it was ran over by a truck.  It is true that I said that I have to wait on the claim to come through or he can pay the $700, but only because on each package it clearly says on the stickers to call UPS as soon as there is damage noticed and go through the claim process if you want quick results.  I did not cause the damage and was willing 100% to aid him in getting the product replaced HOWEVER Kevin discarded all materials and broken product and 3 week of the delay was my argument (on Kevin's behalf) to give me money back for a product that is broke but discarded.  I got the check after many issues (issues that could of been avoided if he followed extremely simple instruction) with UPS's problem of there being no inventory to look at.  I replaced everything (and I mean everything) that Kevin said that was missing and I shipped it to him, then he gets that package in perfect condition and better then 2 weeks later instead of a thank you for all the help he calls again stating that he is missing more product over and above what was said in the final email.  By that time YES I was a little upset with him as I make mirror, I do not fabricate and my fabricator is 1.5 hours from me.  Even though all that being said I still replaced the 3 pieces that he stated were missing and I have not heard on word from him (no emails or calls) for 3 weeks and now this!

The other so called Report is from my sons mother who got drunk one night and thought it would be funny to slam my company on the internet.  This Rip-Off Report sight wanted $2500 to remove it from there sight so I left it there.

FACTS:  It would be simple to always handle your business through a rip-off report however talking to the company and in Kevins case handling everything a little different may of helped.  Kevin could always get a rip-off report from me as well and this site doesnt remove anything and are based outside the USA (they show a US address, but are based in foreign lands).  I guess in this case believe what you want but Kevin is 1 job in 1000's that have been done and no matter how much you help him he really just finds something else.