• Report: #199435

• Submitted: Tue, July 04, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, July 04, 2006

• Reported By:Las Vegas New Mexico
Timeshares By Owner
7111 Grand National Dr., Suite #103 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Timeshares By Owner No Value for the Cost timesharesbyowner Orlando, Florida

These folks prey on people on the internet who have listed a timeshare or campground membership for sale. They contact you and tell you their re-sale program has great success. They do not work for a commission, just an upfront one-time charge of $699. They do absolute zip for you, and if you call to question the status of the marketing, they are terse and defensive. Save your money, you won't get the results they lead you to expect.

I dealt with an individual by the name of JESS KINMONT. He told me initially that my type of property generally moved (sold) in about 4 months. He encouraged me to list at a higher price than I wanted, but I refused and listed at a much lower price because I wanted to sell the property quickly, as I needed cash.

I heard nothing for a year. The listing is only for a year, but there is a free re-listing for another year if you let them know in writing--which I did. I never received one call from them in two years. The property was listed on their website, but I could not find proof, nor did they send me any after repeated requests, that they did any further marketing. It took many calls to get a return call, unlike when they were wanting to list my property. Once they had my money, I was ignored.

This company only wants to get your money and list your property; they really don't do much to try and sell it. Avoid the waste of time and cost that I did and stay away from these Bozo's. I would have been better off giving the property away to charity and taking the tax deduction, instead of being out $699 when I needed the cash.

Good luck, and Caveat Emptor.

Eric
Las Vegas, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2006 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Timeshares-By-Owner/Orlando-Florida-32819/Timeshares-By-Owner-No-Value-for-the-Cost-timesharesbyowner-Orlando-Florida-199435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Timeshares By Owner