Complaint Review: Timeshares By Owner

• Submitted: Tue, October 03, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, October 03, 2006

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
Timeshares By Owner
7111 Grand National Dr Suite #103 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-7078463
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

Timeshares By Owner They've ripped me off of $499 guaranteeing to rent my unit within 30 days and have done absolutely nothing. They're theives! Orlando Florida

In April, I received two calls from this company trying to sell this program to me. I was guaranteed a rental within 30 days (Orlando is where one of my units is located--Hot spot, they said. Won't have any trouble renting.) Said I had to pay $499 up front and the additional money would be taken out of their check to me when the unit rented. I believe this was $200. This was taken from my charge card on 4/7/06.

They told me they could rent this unit for $1200 a week. So I should receive a check for $1000. They posted it on their web-site but all the info was incorrect. I did contact them to correct it.

Since then, I have been unable to locate it on the web-site. I have never heard from them again until about July, when a sales rep called to try to sell this program to me again. While I had this person on the phone, I explained that I was unhappy with what was not happening. This person hung up on me.

I contacted a rep shortly thereafter and requested a full refund. This rep again guaranteed me that they would fix the problem and would be able to rent this unit in Florida. Another sales rep called in August to push this program on me again. I told her I was already in the program. She apologized and hung up.

Now it is October, and another sales rep has called me to push this program on me again. I again told her I was a member and asked to speak to her manager. When I spoke with him about wanting a full refund, he told me he was the owner at that location (didn't tell me what location that was), but told me I had to call the Daytona office. That he would not give me a refund of all my money. That it was too late. He gave me the phone number to the Daytona office.

When speaking to the manager at the Daytona office, he told me I had to call corporate office located in Orlando. I spoke with Tracey ext.116 in Orlando and told her how unhappy I was and told her I wanted a full refund. I have never been able to locate the ad on their web-site after the corrections was supposed to happen back in early July. My Id#132683 has been pulled off of the site. I intend to call my credit card company to see what my next step is as far as getting my money back.

Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2006 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Timeshares-By-Owner/Orlando-Florida-32819/Timeshares-By-Owner-Theyve-ripped-me-off-of-499-guaranteeing-to-rent-my-unit-within-30-d-214047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Timeshares By Owner