Complaint Review: Timeshares By Owner

• Submitted: Fri, February 10, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 10, 2012

• Reported By: Nancy — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
Timeshares By Owner

Timeshares By Owner Cold call, repeated - lies about "deposit", demand for $2994 payment and cc info Internet, Internet

On 2/8/12 caller called me 4 times one after the other.  The caller ID said TSBO  305-328-8996.  I hung up on the first call.

On second call he said I had signed up - and made a deposit - to market my timeshare.
Said I owed $2,994 to continue with a nationwide listing in April and that I would get an offer within 30 days.

When I said I had never signed up he had the gall to say that no doubt I had signed up at a resort and that I, like so many others, was having such a good time and was drinking too much and didn't remember.  I refused to be drawn into the argument and  to say I didn't drink.  I hung up.

On the third call he said he wanted the card number for paying my balance.  I hung up.

On the fourth call my granddaughter answered and said loudly and clearly not to bother her
grandmother ever again and said that if he called she would call the police.  She is 10.  I really got a kick out of her response!

I presume I should report this to the FCC and to the FTC (or whatever the acronym is for the agency that deals with  business scammers).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2012 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Timeshares-By-Owner/internet/Timeshares-By-Owner-Cold-call-repeated-lies-about-deposit-demand-for-2994-payment-837347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Timeshares By Owner