Complaint Review: Timeshares Only

• Submitted: Sat, January 17, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 03, 2009

• Reported By:Dublin California
Timeshares Only
11059 International Drive Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Timeshares Only took our money but did not sell our timeshare for us. This is our story of the Timeshares Only scam Orlando Florida

*Author of original report: February 2nd, 2009 Update

*Consumer Comment: OMG YES

I just about fell off my chair laughing when I read the following on www.timesharesonly.com..."Timeshares Only is the world's largest timeshare resale marketplace. Through co-operative advertising, Timeshares Only makes it possible for timeshare buyers, sellers and renters to connect around the World."

My experience with Timeshares Only:
I signed up with Timeshares Only in October of 2007 to sell my Hyatt timeshare at Pinon Pointe in Sedona, AZ for $598. I was assured by Lillian this was a great time to sell and we shouldn't have any trouble selling our property if we listed it between $13,000-$15,000. So the property was listed at $13,000 originally. Since that time I have initiated requests to lower the listing price several times and it now stands listed at $7,995. Yet there are still no offers!

On December 3, 2008 I sent a letter to Timeshares Only requested a refund, hopefully a full refund. I have yet to receive a written response so I sent a follow up letter on January 15, 2009. I did receive a call from Sharon stating there was nothing Timeshares Only would do for us. Here is the content of the first letter (I neglected to go back and make sure I was remembering names/numbers correctly so you will notice the original list price is wrong as is the name of the person I spoke with when purchasing)...

December 3, 2008

Timeshares Only
11059 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32821

RE: Sale ad #1205065

To whom it may concern:

Despite my wife's disagreement, I signed up with Timeshares Only for $595 in October of 2007 to sell my Hyatt timeshare at Pinon Pointe in Sedona, AZ. I was assured by Dani Guettler this was a great time to sell and we shouldn't have any trouble selling our property if we listed at $12,500. So the property was listed at that price originally. Since that time I have made requests to lower the listing price several times and it now stands listed at $7,995. Yet there are still no offers!

Please do the right thing by the customer and process a full refund immediately.

Sincerely,

D B.

Note: Dani Guettler was the first person to email me from Timeshares Only when the property was first "listed"

You can search for our timeshare or see it on their site here http://www.timesharesonly.com/timeshare/1205065. At least I know they have done something since I can see this listing, as far as advertising this listing I doubt much if anything has been done.

Other people's experience with Timeshares Only:
Timeshares Only claims they have multiple advertising channels for Hyatt Timeshares, Marriott Timeshares, Disney Timeshares, Hilton Timeshares, Wyndham Timeshares, and the a number of other timeshares for sale. I made the mistake of falling for their deceptive phone sale techniques and was duped into purchasing a service that does absolutely nothing to sell your timeshare. It doesn't appear I was the only one...

0/342/RipOff0342679.htm

(((link redacted)))

0/348/RipOff0348668.htm

(((link redacted)))

Don
Dublin, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2009 10:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Timeshares-Only/Orlando-Florida/Timeshares-Only-took-our-money-but-did-not-sell-our-timeshare-for-us-This-is-our-story-o-413417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Timeshares Only

February 2nd, 2009 Update

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

Timeshares Only refuses to respond in writing to my request for a refund, yet they acknowledge they have received my letters. I wonder why they wont put their refusal in writing??? Feel free to call Sharon at Timeshares Only at (800) 530-2580 x7501 and ask her why they refuse to respond to my request for a refund in writing.

One other interesting tidbit about this farce of a company, it appears as early as last year Timeshares Only was a member the Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce, but not anymore! Wonder if they got kicked out for bad business practices? Oh, and I don't see that they are members of the Better Business Bureau either, that is not surprising.

OMG YES

AUTHOR: Tbrock - (U.S.A.)