Complaint Review: Tippecanoe county Indiana child support division

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — FRANKFORT Indiana United States of America
Tippecanoe county Indiana child support division
301 Main Street Lafayette, Indiana United States of America

Tippecanoe county Indiana child support division DON'T CARE ABOUT FATHER'S RIGHTS Lafayette, Indiana

*General Comment: Contempt of Child Support Order

In 2005 i receive a paper saying that i was over 30,000 behind on child support on a child that was born in 1996. i was named father a this child and i knew nothing about him.  I tried to fight it but the IV-D court said it was to late. So i pay support to a lady i dont know for a child that i do not know.  In 2004 i had a son with a women and then again in 2009. I pay my support every week it comes right out of my check.  She takes me to court all the time because she wants more money.  I bring home $140 a week and just today i was in court again and they want to raise my support another $30.  All the time they put me in jail because i never made enough for what they wanted me to pay...would they lower it no.. told me to get a better job or a second one. Every time i go in there, there are different people working there and none of them know whats going on.  $140 a week and they want more!!! I dont have visitation on any of these kids because everytime i file all they focus on is i'm behind.

I have a 3 year old at home that i can barely support but they do not care because she is the youngest.  I have a girlfriend who is scared to marry me because we would be really bad off if they took her tax check too since they already take mine. you cant talk to these people all they care about is money and not the interest of the children involved. why should the only child that i have in my life be punished because the girl i have 2 kids with wants more and more money. She has not worked in 20 years. she has been on hud and foodstamps for 20 years. why doesnt she have to get a job and try to support them also. She does not let me see them. It has been almost 4 years since i seen my kids. she recently let me see them but i have to come by myself no girlfriend and no daughter can come because she does not like her. tried to talk to a lawyer but with only $140 a week who can afford one.  They dont care about fathers and their rights or what a kid needs just about giving females money. they blame fathers for having kids they cant support but what about the women. My baby momma has 4 kids by 3 guys, no job, and been on welfare for 20 years but i need to get another job to support them. Get real.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tippecanoe-county-Indiana-child-support-division/Lafayette-Indiana-47901/Tippecanoe-county-Indiana-child-support-division-DONT-CARE-ABOUT-FATHERS-RIGHTS-Lafayet-1001511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tippecanoe county Indiana child support division

#1 General Comment

Contempt of Child Support Order

AUTHOR: immunity - (United States of America)

I'm sorry for this situation. I know first hand how dreadful this can be. Did you have an attorney prior to being incarcerated for contempt?