Complaint Review: Tippen's Specialty Millwork

• Updated: Thu, June 27, 2013

• Reported By: Drew Herndon — Madison Mississippi
Tippen's Specialty Millwork
211 Hood Street West Monroe, Louisiana USA

Tippen's Specialty Millwork AKA Keith Tippen Doesn't pay employees. West Monroe Louisiana

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal

Mr. Tippen canels checks for employees you he feels just aren't working out. He called me up and told me he wasn't sure if our arrangement was going to work.  Said he needed to cool off and contact me later that same day. He never contacted me. The next time I heard from Mr. Tippen was when money was taken out of my accont when he stopped payement on two pay checks. I'm in the process of suing Mr. Tippen and Tippen's Specialty Millwork. In my opinion Mr. Tippen has an anger problem. I heard Mr. Tippen tell and employee one day who not to sent quotes to on a project they were bidding. There were at least three contacts that he had litagation against. In my ten plus years in this business I've never seen a man with so many conflicts against contractors. There are issues with this company. It's poorly run from a management stand point. Beware before doing business with Tippen's Specialty Millwork.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tippens-Specialty-Millwork/West-Monroe-Louisiana-71292/Tippens-Specialty-Millwork-AKA-Keith-Tippen-Doesnt-pay-employees-West-Monroe-Louisian-1062719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tippen's Specialty Millwork

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Owner - ()

I am writing this rebuttal in regards to the above statement regarding my business.  First, I would like to state that there are always two (2) sides to every story.  My delay in responding to his statement has apparently given his statement merit; therefore, I am now responding to his statement.

I did hire this individual for the purpose of selling a new item for our company.  I paid for him and another employee to fly out of state to be trained.  I was later informed that this individual left the training a half day early to fly home and he missed some of the most important information of the training.  I also discovered that he told our bookkeeper that he started working for us one (1) week earlier then he actually started working for our company.   So not only did I pay for him to be trained including his airfare and hotel expenses, but he received a paycheck for a whole week that he wasn’t even employed by our company.   When I confronted him, he became very angry.   He also took several conversations he overheard out of context.  Our company has been in business over twenty years and we have a good reputation in our field.   We have built strong relationships with many contractors and architects that we have worked with over the years.

I don’t know of any company who at some point hasn’t had employee issues, but that is the price of owning your own business.   This individual was caught and wasn’t happy about it.