Complaint Review: Tipsteria

• Submitted: Sun, February 10, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: Karen — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Tipsteria

Tipsteria My husband got a new phone and was updating his applications. He somehow ended up with TIPSTER on his phone. It has taken me over 3 months to get it blocked and refunded. He's not stupdi and would Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service Response

My husband got t anew phone in November 2012.  Somehow TIPSTER ended up adding a monthly subscription to his phone as he was updating applications.  He is not stupid and would NEVER subscribe to a monthly service that he does not use or want. It has taken me over three months to resolve this.  First Verizon told me he went over his 2 gig allowance, then the next month told me it was a premium service and put a block on his account - - but this month, the monthly fee still popped up on my bill - - - I finally called TIPSTER - they are to refund my $$ - - we'll see.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2013 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tipsteria/internet/Tipsteria-My-husband-got-a-new-phone-and-was-updating-his-applications-He-somehow-ended-1011763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tipsteria

Customer Service Response

AUTHOR: Tipsteria Customer Service - (United States of America)

By way of background, Tipsteria is a premium mobile text service that provides its subscribers with weekly tips on the use of their smart phone which is sent via text message to their mobile phone.  The service is marketed via the mobile web. We currently charge $9.99 a month which appears on our subscribers mobile phone bills.

We use an industry best practice double opt-in sign up process which is fully compliant with the Consumer Best Practices Guidelines published by the Mobile Marketing Association and the various guidelines published by the major mobile phone carriers and the CTIA.  It is important to note that the double opt-in process virtually insures that inadvertent or fraudulent sign-ups do not occur.  Only after a consumer has twice provided verification and authorization to bill their mobile telephone number on their mobile phone are services provided and charges incurred.  To further verify a prospective customer's registration for the Tipsteria service, we send a confirmatory text message which affords them the opportunity to cancel the service by replying STOP by text message.  We also provide a toll free customer service number in this text message that is manned 24 by 7 by 365.

Please be advised that in our marketing of the service, we disclose all material terms of the service including the monthly cost, how the charges will appear on the subscribers mobile bill, a description of the essential features of the service and how to cancel.  We also include links to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.  Should you require further assistance, please contact Customer Service at 800-378-9850.