Complaint Review: Tire Choice And Total Car Care

• Submitted: Tue, June 24, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 23, 2008

• Reported By:Lithia Florida
Tire Choice And Total Car Care
16505 Fishhawk Blvd Lithia, Florida U.S.A.

Tire Choice And Total Car Care Unqualified Technicians destroy ABS Module while performing complete brake job Lithia Florida

*UPDATE Employee: PLEASE contact me!

I have been using Tire Choice and Total Car Care for almost two years and have been very satisfied until recently, I took my car in for a complete brake job which included rotors,disc, and brake pads.
Within one week after complete brake job my ABS warning light started coming on, I took the car back and talked with the technician and his reply was to drop off the car one day and he would fix the problem.
I dropped of the car as he instructed and upon my return that afternoon he informed me that the ABS module was bad and needed to be replaced, he proceeded to hand me a quote for $2,400.00
I took the car to a GM certified mechanic where I was informed that the ABS Module had been damaged during the brake job that Tire Choice had performed.
I called the manager of Tire Choice and ofcourse he had to call his Superior who was not available at the time. I was assured that Tire Choice would call back as soon as the Manager had discussed the problem with his Superior. I have not heard a word from Tire Choice, I guess their motto is "out of sight out of mind" or " Total Car Care until you pay your bill".
I have since had my car repaired but to this day I find it very disturbing that Tire Choice did not value their customer enough to even follow up with a phone call, I have been a loyal customer for two years and have bought several complete sets of tires for my families cars as well as oil changes .

James
Lithia, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 07:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tire-Choice-And-Total-Car-Care/Lithia-Florida-33547/Tire-Choice-And-Total-Car-Care-Unqualified-Technicians-destroy-ABS-Module-while-performing-343525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tire Choice And Total Car Care

PLEASE contact me!

AUTHOR: Jamie - (U.S.A.)

I am the District Manager for the Tire Choice and Total Car Care and was just notified that there was a report on this website. Until this point I was not aware of such a problem. I spoke to the Store Manager immediately regarding this matter and he is equally concerned that this matter has gone unaddressed. Our company is dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction and would desperately like to know more information such as a contact name, number or email that I can use to respond to my customer named "james". We have diligently tried to figure out which customer this may have been but fortunately our ASE Master Technician and his team of certified technicians do a great deal of Brake work out of this particular location and we need more information such as a last name or date of service. PLEASE forward this information to "james" so he can contact me as our companies good reputation is at stake.

WE STAND behind all of our work. We follow Motorist Assurance Program guidelines, Spend tens of thousands of dollars every year for access to the latest in technical referrences and ongoing training. We have the newest and latest state of the art equipment.....quite simply WE ARE COMMITTED to doing things right. If a mistake was made or a problem occured from work performed then we take care of it! Additionally, as a member of American Car Care Centers, we give our customers Warranty on all of our services we provide at over 21,000 locations NATIONWIDE.
.....PLEASE allow us an opportunity to address this concern. I can be contacted by email at feedback@thetirechoice.com. Thanks, Jamie