Complaint Review: Tire Kingdom

Tire Kingdom
14115 South Military Trail Delray Beach, Florida USA

Tire Kingdom Additional Charges After Bad Brake Job Delray Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: I feel your pain

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 I took my Handicap Accessible 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan in to the Tire Kingdom located on South Military Trail in Delray Beach for 4 new tires. After the tech removed the tires, the store manager informed me that I needed new brakes. I asked to see it and was shown that the brakes were really worn down and the rotors were also worn. I told them to go ahead and do the work along with an oil change. I paid my almost $1400 bill and drove home. As I pulled into my parking spot, I smelled like something was burning so I called the store back and was told by the tech that it was "normal". The next day (Friday), I drove to Lake Worth and while driving I again smelled that awful burning smell and then noticed that there was smoking coming off my rear rims. My van starts hesitating and felt like I had the brakes on while I was accelerating. I stopped and checked that the Emergency Brake was not engaged and then called Tire Kingdom and spoke to the Store Manager who told me to have the van towed to their store. I contacted AAA but had to wait 3 hours for a tow and since my tow was not within my 5 mile radius I had to pay the difference ($40). The van was towed at 4:30pm and I had to arrange for a friend with a handicap accessible van to drive me to Tire Kingdom. When we got there at 5:30pm, the van was on a lift and the tech was examining the van. My friend asked the tech why didn't he take the van for a test drive and they can see what the problem was. After about 10 minutes the tech drove back into the garage and checked the brake temperature, which was extremely high. At that point, the tech told me that they needed to keep the van and I got my friend to drive me home. When I didn't hear back from Tire Kingdome by 12pm on Saturday, I called them and was informed that they needed the van for another hour or so because they were flushing out my brake lines. The Assistant Manager finally called me back at 3pm to inform me that I needed a new caliper for one of the rear brakes that wasn't working. He says that the Store Manager told him just to charge me for the part ($97) and he would "waive" the labor charge. I asked him why I needed to pay for this part when I already paid for a "brake job" with parts and labor. He tells me this part was not functioning correctly and needed to be replaced if the brakes were to work properly. Again, I asked him why didn't they notice that on Thursday when they were initially doing the brakes. I never got a straight answer. All I want is my van back in working order as I rely on my van to get me to my doctor appointments and grocery store independently. I told Curtis to go ahead and put the part in. However, I told him that I no longer had a ride to the store so could they please drive my van after the work is completed to pick me up at my home since I need an handicap accessible vehicle to get me back to their store (I live 3 miles from their store). Curtis informs me that was no problem and they were more than happy to accommodate me. At 5:35pm a store employee calls me and says that "they are closing in a few minutes and was I coming to pick up my van"? I told him that Curtis said someone would drive my van to me and we would go to the store to settle my bill. The employee tells me that he's the only one there and he could not do that and I need to come tomorrow (Sunday) in the morning to pick it up. I called them early on Sunday morning again asking them to please send someone with my van to pick me up as I would not be able to get there otherwise. Finally they sent an employee with my van to pick me up. I'm way beyond frustrated with these people and I feel I've been ripped off by a bunch of incompetents who are not qualified to work on any type of vehicles. How can they take advantage of a disabled woman in a wheelchair and treat me so atrociously?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2014 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tire-Kingdom/Delray-Beach-Florida-33484/Tire-Kingdom-Additional-Charges-After-Bad-Brake-Job-Delray-Beach-Florida-1122248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tire Kingdom

I feel your pain

AUTHOR: gtfanfl - ()

I was ripped off by tire kingdom as well. I am taking them to court on may 8th in plantation FL. I am in need of people like you to come to court and share their story. I was wondering if you are willing to help me out. my email address is (((REDACTED)))

Best Regards,