Complaint Review: Tire Kingdom

• Reported By: Joy — Pembroke Pines Florida United States of America
Tire Kingdom
7200 Taft St. Hollywood, Florida United States of America

Tire Kingdom Swindled out of a tire! Hollywood, Florida

*General Comment: I Call BS...

*General Comment: So...

On December 1 I brought my mom's car to TK to have a tire replaced for her. The tire that needed to be replaced (let's call this tire 'A') had a bubble in it, presumably from her having hit a curb. They put a new tire (tire 'B') on the car but tried hard to talk me into a warranty for it, which I declined several times.

Three weeks later, I noticed the same tire on the car was completely flat. My mother had been in the hospital and not able to drive it. I had driven it only about 40 miles over the previous 3 weeks just to keep it running so I was surprised that there would already be a flat. I figured it may be that the rim was slightly bent and therefore released the air from the new tire. If that were the case, tire B should still be good and I would need to have the rim repaired, not purchase another new tire.

A family friend inflated tire B and took the car back to TK for me and explained that perhaps it was defective since a new tire should not go flat so quickly. TK would not give a refund on the tire nor replace it so the family friend asked them to put the spare on for her so she could safely drive it home. They did so and told her they put tire B in the trunk of the car.

A couple of days later I wanted to take to dunk tire B in water while inflating it to see if I could ascertain if it had a leak or if the air had escaped from a bent rim. However, when I went to retrieve the tire from the trunk I noticed that it wasn't in there. The tire in my trunk was the old tire (tire A) that had a bubble in it. Unfortunately, there were no serial numbers on the tire that I could compare to the receipt, but it was definitely the original bad tire. It had a bubble of the same size, in the exact place on the wall, had tread wear of several thousand miles, and besides, I know nobody hit a curb with that car in the past 3 weeks!

I confronted TK and explained that they must have kept tire B and put tire A in my trunk instead. I wanted to see what damage, if any, were on tire B. The manager asserted that the tire in my trunk was tire B. He showed me the model and labeling on the tire and said it was the same one. I agreed its the same model, but not the same tire. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I cannot be mistaken as to which tire is in the trunk. It's simply not possible to get that much wear in that amount of time and mileage. It also is highly unlikely you'd get a bubble in the exact same position (over the P in the model number). So what the heck did they do with the brand new tire I bought 3 weeks ago?

What I believe happened here is that when they originally replaced my bad tire, I declined the warranty on the new one, so they gave me a tire with a slow leak in it intentionally. When we tried to get them to replace it, they offered to do so at 50% off so they'd get another $75 out of me. They hid the evidence for this by swapping this tire with the original bad tire I had replaced so I would never be able to check that it had a hole in it.

I realize I may just sound like a paranoid whacko here but I assure you, that isn't the case and I have not previously had problems of this nature with any other company. Tire kingdom is a fraud and I will never go back there again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tire-Kingdom/Hollywood-Florida-33024/Tire-Kingdom-Swindled-out-of-a-tire-Hollywood-Florida-991891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tire Kingdom

#1 General Comment

I Call BS...

AUTHOR: SUCKA! - (USA)

My advise to anyone purchasing new tires to be installed at a shop is this:  Every new tire is delivered with a DOT sticker/label on it.  Ask for the DOT stickers!  If they say they can't, for some reason, give you the original stickers, ask for a copy of them.  Ask that they annotate the DOT Identification number for each tire on your invoice.  The DOT ID number on the sticker should match the DOT ID number on the tire, near the rim.  As well, ask them to annotate the serial number of each tire on the invoice, which should match the s/n on the DOT sticker.

I gotta call BS on your situation for many reasons:

Your mother hit a curb, which could have very well bent the rim.  Your friend took the car in, suggesting the tire was defective, although you knew the rim could have potentially been bent.

You didn't purchase a warranty and were blaming the store for a defective tire, knowing the rim was probably bent.  I'd tell you to get lost.  I fail to see where you were ripped off here.  You paid for a new tire to be mounted on to a bent rim and declined the warranty?

Usually, but I suppose not always, if a person has a spare tire in the vehicle, whether it be a donut or full size tire, it's already mounted on a rim.  But, what you are claiming is that the spare tire you had in the trunk was not on a rim?  It was just a lonely tire? If the donut or full/size tire was on a rim, where's the other rim?

I'm sure tire kingdom replaced at least a hundred tires in a 3 week period.  But, they just so happened to find your old tire from three weeks prior and shove it in the trunk?  Do you know how big of a pain in the butt it is too throw tires around while sifting through them?  Let alone, remember exactly which tire out of how many was your exact tire from three weeks ago?

They can't hide evidence, unless you let them...or unless this supposed "ripoff" never actually happened!

Your story doesn't make any sense.  Post some invoices, pictures, something else.  Make it more believable.  Unfortunately, there are a million idiots on this site who will believe your ridiculous non-sensual story.

No, I do not work for this company. I just think your being a stupid consumer and fabricating a story that didn't happen.

#2 General Comment

So...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

you're alleging that Tire Kingdom:

1. Kept tire A on hand

2. Removed tire B from rim & replaced with tire A when your friend was there

3. Refused to honor warranty when you didn't purchase the warranty.