• Report: #1162022

• Updated: Mon, July 14, 2014

• Reported By: Treyson — Gilbert Arizona
Tire Pros Queen Creek
25252 S Power Rd Queen Creek, Arizona USA

Tire Pros Queen Creek Dennis Mangola Caused 8-10 thousand dollars worth of damage to my car and refuses to help fix it. Queen Creek Arizona

*Consumer Comment: You rarely use it?

I recently drove up to Seattle, WA for the summer to do an internship. I drove June 14-15th. In preparation for the road trip, i got an oil change for my Scion TC at Tire Pros Queen Creek. I got the oil change on Thursday June 12th, just 2 days before i drove to WA. I arrived safely in WA Sunday night June 15th.

I woke up Monday, June 16th to go to work. On my way to work, my car began to act up and then shutoff. Luckily, i was close to work and was able to make it. After work, i examined my car engine, and noticed that the oil filter was missing. My car had absolutely no oil in it. I got a ride to an auto-shop nearby with a co-worker and bought oil and a filter and then proceeded to put the filter on my car as well as the oil.

Before driving the car, i called Tire Pros and explained what had happened. They told me to drive the car to a repair shop and get it diagnosed to see if any damage had been done. I did just that. I drove the car to the Scion Dealership nearby and had them take a look at my car.

The day after i dropped the car off, i received a call from the dealership that inspected it, and they told me the engine was burned up and needed replacing. They told me that to replace the engine with a new one, it was going to cost around 8-10 thousand dollars. My other option was to find a used engine for cheaper.

I called tire pros and told them that my engine was ruined and they told me they would get back to me. The next day, i received a phone call from the manager at tire pros and he told me that they were not going to fix my car or pay for it to be fixed. They told me that it was my fault because i didn’t get the car towed when it originally broke down. They said that i shouldn’t have driven the car to the dealership, which is exactly what they DID tell me to do when i originally called them the day it broke down.

They have lied about the situation and are now trying to leave me in Seattle stranded without a car or a way of fixing the car. They are trying to dodge responsibility for what they should fix. This is very wrong ethically and legally. They are liable for this. On their website under the warranty section it clearly says this:

“ Every retail customer of Tire Pros, who’s had work performed at one of our stores, is protected. No question about it.Every retail customer of Tire Pros, who’s had work performed at one of our stores, is protected. No question about it.

Our Nationwide Service Warranty guarantees that the work we perform on your family vehicle is done right and with the utmost care and craftsmanship. And if in the unlikely event that something does go wrong with something we did, we’ll get it fixed.”

They are not abiding by their warranty and are very unethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2014 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tire-Pros-Queen-Creek/Queen-Creek-Arizona-85142/Tire-Pros-Queen-Creek-Dennis-Mangola-Caused-8-10-thousand-dollars-worth-of-damage-to-my-c-1162022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tire Pros Queen Creek

You rarely use it?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

So you seem to have tolls on a monthly basis

You see here is YOUR problem.  For someone who uses the roads "rarely" it is very interesting how you paid bills in April, and then had a certain number of tolls every month(I wonder how many).  Yet somehow "forgot" to pay because you realized you never got a bill.

It is also very interesting how you say that you use them because they are more convienent.  Okay as someone who is unemployed and broke...is spending money you don't need to spend the wisest idea?

People are angry and fed up and threaten to sue but I have never seen specific info on a real law suit.

- Do you want to know why?  Because there is no case and they are charging rates per the LAWS that they are under.  If you don't like the Admin fees, then contact your State Representatives. Oh you did and they didn't do a thing...then perhaps you should get new people in those offices at the next election.

More specifically your problem is that you are aware of the policies as you have used them and paid tolls in the past.  Yet you still chose to use them.  As such you need to act like an adult and take responsibility for paying the tolls before they get to the point of these huge admin fees.

As for getting a lawyer.  Believe me if you truly had a case, there would be a lawyer who would take this case with no money up front.  So that should tell you exactly what type of case you had.

In the end let me give you one piece of advise.  Perhaps it is time to get an account.  You may want to call them and see if they will waive most if not all of the fees if you sign up for an account with them.  This way you will never have to worry about remembering this in the future.