Complaint Review: Tire Works Total Car Care

• Submitted: Tue, June 28, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, June 28, 2011

• Reported By: Lender — Salt Lake City Utah U.S.A.
Tire Works Total Car Care
8825 W Flamingo Ave Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Tire Works Total Car Care Tire Works: The Tire Works Sold me the wrong tires, tore the bead and refused to stand behind their work. I am out $1,000 Las Vegas, Nevada

I took my Porsche 911 into the shop due to a flat I recieved running over a bottle on March 27th 2011. TW recomended I get two new tires on the front because I would never make the 500 mile drive to Salt Lake City on the two tires I had. It was Sunday and I had to be back at work on Monday and there were no other shops open that could help me. The tires they had in stock ended up being the wrong size but I was not aware of this until I made it back to SLC the next day. After $991.51 in expenses and 5 hours later I was ready to leave, however Jack told me to check my pressure before I got completely out of town, just to be safe. After a nail biting drive in the bad weather I did make it home, however the next morning my passenger tire was completely flat, I filled it up and took it to a tire shop in SLC and they said the tires were to big for one and that whomever put this tire on tore the bead which would cause it to leak, and they put gobs of sealer to protect it from leaking, but that the tire would eventually fail. [continued below]....
..... I called Jack every day for a week and he avoided calling me back. Finally I did speak with Manayard after 2 months (The new manager) and he told me to get the story from the shop that saw the damage in addition to my story and he would have the corporate office look at it. One week later a very friendly Suzie said there was no proof they did anything and that it would out of their hands even though I paid for the extended warranty. So now I have to buy two new tires that fit the car and an additional $800. Don't ever spend money at Tire Works.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2011 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tire-Works-Total-Car-Care/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/Tire-Works-Total-Car-Care-Tire-Works-The-Tire-Works-Sold-me-the-wrong-tires-tore-the-bea-746624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tire Works Total Car Care