Complaint Review: Tire Works

• Submitted: Tue, January 20, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 20, 2009

• Reported By:Las vegas Nevada
Tire Works
1280 E. Silverado Ranch Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Tire Works Threatening Crooks Liars Robbers Scare tactics to sell expensive products Las Vegas Nevada

After purchasing 2 tires for my car costing $333, the low tire pressure light wouldn't go off and the car started shaking alot at 50mph. I returned the following business day to have the problem corrected. I was then informed by a different salesman that the prior salesman sold me the wrong type of tire and that he would have to change them out and he would need $278 inaddition.

I told him I didn't have the extra money. he then tells me he couldn't release the car to me and that Metro police would be caled and if he did release the car to me he would notify NV DMV that I was driving an insafe vehicles because all 4 tires could blow out at anytime. His exact words were..."so which is it going to be...should I make the call now or are you going to give me the extra money. He then says the other 2 tires were wrong that originally came with the car and they woulod need replacing all totalling $800. I can't believe I was being held up by a merchant with threatening practices such as this.

The thought that this happens possibly daily at a place like this sickens me.

Crossfire89123
Las vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2009 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tire-Works/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89123/Tire-Works-Threatening-Crooks-Liars-Robbers-Scare-tactics-to-sell-expensive-products-Las-V-414192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tire Works