Complaint Review: Tire Works

• Submitted: Fri, January 16, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 16, 2009

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Tire Works
9590 W. Tropicana Ave Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Tire Works Refuse to honor Warranty under purchased Tire Protection Plan Las Vegas Nevada

I bought 5 new Bridgestone Dueler AT (all terrain) Revo tires at Tire Works. They were specifically recommended to me by Tire Works as excellent off road tires. I discussed my off road activities with the salesmen. They also sold me 5 Tire Protection Plans to go with the new tires. I read the written plan which said off road use was excluded. I asked about that. I was told that only damage occurring off road was excluded, that that damage from on road use was covered. Tire Works installed the tires on my Toyota FJ Cruiser which is obviously an off road vehicle. I damaged a tire when I hit a rock on a State highway. When I came in to present my claim under the Tire Protection Plan I was told that the Plan didn't apply to tires mounted on any off road vehicle. They refused to honor the warranty. They also refused to refund the money they had charged me for the 5 Tire Protection Plans.

Just so there is no doubt here, my FJ is lifted, with a winch bumper, rock rails, and has a big off road club sticker on the rear window, smaller stickers on the side windows. Any suggestion that Tire Works didn't know it is an off road vehicle is preposterous.

Tire Works simply cheated me. They are not an honest company.

Vegas george
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2009 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tire-Works/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89147/Tire-Works-Refuse-to-honor-Warranty-under-purchased-Tire-Protection-Plan-Las-Vegas-Nevada-413082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tire Works