rank

• Reported By: kgrothusen — Ramsey New Jersey
Tirerack.com
Internet USA

Tirerack.com Lack of customer service Internet

I purchased a set of 4 tires back in April of 2012, they were not installed on the car until Sept of 2012.

During superstorm Sandy (tires were on the car less than 2 months at that time) as we were evacuating we hit a pothole and the side of one of the tires blew out.

So we put on the small spare and continued on.

About 3 days later we get to calling tire rack and they tell me that I have to return the tire, wait for them to inspect it and then they can send me a replacement.  Really, now I get their return policy of needing to see the tire to make sure that we are under the allowed thread requirement under normal circumstances but HELLO in order for us to return the tire we would have to find an open UPS store.

It took 2 weeks for any kind of power to be restored and I could not go out and buy my kids a gallon of milk or a dozen eggs but this retard expected me to pull a UPS store out my a$$?????

So long story short we found out that the manufacturer of the tire was local they directed us to a local dealership who was licensed and we went there and had the tire measured and replaced.

So dont deal with tire rack, their customer service blows.  Sad thing because we used to do a decent amount of business with them, hubby is a mechanic.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tirerackcom/internet/Tirerackcom-Lack-of-customer-service-Internet-1051740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tirerack.com