Complaint Review: Tires Buy Mark Canoga Park USA

• Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By: Dave W. Praver — Boca Raton Florida USA
Tires Buy Mark Canoga Park USA
7510 Topanga Cyn Blvd Canoga Park, California United States of America

Tires Buy Mark Canoga Park USA Do not expect customer service if you are not a young beautiful blond young woman. Canoga Park, California

*Consumer Comment: A Bruised Ego Report. Not A Ripoff Report

*Consumer Comment: I'm not a beautiful woman, but get great service anyway

*General Comment: bulls**t

*Consumer Comment: Tires buy mark rocks

*Consumer Comment: re bad service

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: STRAIGHT SHOOTER

This establishment is unbelievable; dirty, greasy, you basically do not want to touch anything. The service is horrible! I walked in and waited patiently behind another customer (victim if you will). After 15 minutes of waiting... a young beautiful young woman walked in... All the "gentlemen" behind the counter in their mid or late 50s started gawking at this young lady. Yes, four of them dirty old men! They forgot about me! I did not react nor say anything. Long story short, I finally was asked if I need anything... they were extremely rude and unfriendly. The tires they promised they had in stock was not true. I called them to make sure they have my tires in stock the day before. I found out they have sold "my tires" to someone else. I will never do business with these "nice" folks ever again. In fact, I have told my grand children not to do business with this so called Marks Buy Tires. It should have been Mark pays attention to young beautiful blond who owns a liquor store. Old geezers slobered all over this young beautiful woman. I was there first. I will never go back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2009 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Buy-Mark-Canoga-Park-USA/Canoga-Park-California-91303/Tires-Buy-Mark-Canoga-Park-USA-Do-not-expect-customer-service-if-you-are-not-a-young-beau-505491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Buy Mark Canoga Park USA

A Bruised Ego Report. Not A Ripoff Report

AUTHOR: Angeleno - ()

I have bought tires/rims for 4 cars over the past 10 years and have nothing but great reviews for this company. Great prices, great service. Period. BTW, I'm not a hot blond chick. This guy's big ego is not the basis for a 'ripoff' report. It actually should be taken down as a post. Not cool.

I'm not a beautiful woman, but get great service anyway

AUTHOR: Lorin - ()

I have purchased tires from Tires Buy Mark and I have also had them install tires that I purchased at Tirerack.com.  Was treated the same in both circumstances and in both cases Tires Buy Mark will fix flats for free. I never had to wait 15 minutes (or even 5 minutes) for service, and I'm a male in my mid-40s, not a pretty blonde chick.  There are always at least 2 people behind the counter so the other consumer's complaint about waiting 15 minutes behind one person sounds improbable to me.

The person who posted the original complaint was told that a certain tire was in stock, but when he came in the NEXT day, they weren't. He didn't ask for the tires to be held; is a tire store supposed to tell the next customer, "Sorry, you cannot buy these tires, someone called yesterday and we told them the tires were in stock." ???  This complaint rings hollow, but at least he put "my tires" in quotes to show that they weren't really "his."

When I go to Tires Buy Mark to have a flat fixed, they do it in a jiffy and don't give me the "third degree" like asking for my original receipt.  As far as the place being "dirty" and "greasy," it's a tire store, not Tiffany's. Fixing cars is never going to be a clean activity!  I'd rather pay less in a place that's not super-clean than get reamed in a pristine, dealer-like atmosphere. My BMW dealer waiting area has chairs and free fancy coffee, whereas in Tires Buy Mark there is nothing of the kind. But I save $$$, so it's well worth it.  My only complaint is that one guy who works there (James) does not always call you back when he says he will research the proper tires for your car.

#3 General Comment

bulls**t

AUTHOR: russmars - (United States of America)

I have known mark since 1979 and bought tires from then until now.  I have never had any problems with him or his staff in this time.  You need to go up to the front and not be a looky lou.  They have a bussiness to run.

Tires buy mark rocks

AUTHOR: Jason - (United States of America)

I have been going to Tires Buy Mark for about 16 years. I began going there based on a friend's recommendation. Since that time I have never had a negative encounter - and I am not a good looking blonde ( I am an average looking middle aged man). Of course the place is dirty, they change hundreds of tires a day! They will rotate your tires for free, and have patched up my tires several times - for free - whenever I or my wife have run over a bolt or screw.

re bad service

AUTHOR: DFVE - (United States of America)

ive been going to tires by mark for years, purchased tires for 4 mbz, jag. toyota, infiniti, sent friends there for tires, everyone likes his pricing and customer service...

perhaps you expect to much for a low price or you have low self esteem, dont blame the tire man for that:)

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

STRAIGHT SHOOTER

AUTHOR: DFVE - (United States of America)

I HAVE BEEN GOING THERE FOR YEARS, PURCHASED NUMEROUS TIRES FOR MYSELF FAMILY, FRIENDS, THEY ARE ALWAYS FRIENDY AND COURTIOUS NOT TO MENTION, ONE OF THE BEST PRICED IN THE VALLEY AND FAST, MAYBE YOU HAVE LOW SELF ESTEEM OR EXPECT TO MUCH:)