Complaint Review: Tires For Life

• Submitted: Fri, March 13, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 13, 2009

• Reported By:Hamburg New Jersey
Tires For Life
Gearhart Chevrolet Denville, New Jersey U.S.A.

Tires For Life Do not accept Tires for Life - HUGE SCAM Denville New Jersey

I paid $200 for a tires for life policy on my car through the dealership at the time I purchased my car.

When I accepted the offer I was told that if the tires wore or anything happened to them they would be replaced at no charge.

Anything too it I asked - Nope, just fork over the $200.

Like all things, I guess I should have known - too good to be true.

What they don't tell you is:
1) Must rotate tires every 7500
2) Must have all oil changes at dealership every 3000 miles
3) Must have an alignment every year

All of the above if followed will cost you more then the tires and according to a mechanic I know is totally unnecessary.

Have had the car under 3 years and just bought my 2nd set of tires! First time, the tire blew out, second time, they just wore down.

After I told the dealership today that I would never buy a car from them again, they refunded the $200.

Cliffc276
Hamburg, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2009 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-For-Life/Denville-New-Jersey-07054/Tires-For-Life-Do-not-accept-Tires-for-Life-HUGE-SCAM-Denville-New-Jersey-433945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires For Life