Complaint Review: Tires Plus Eastside GreenBay Wis

• Submitted: Thu, July 24, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 04, 2008

• Reported By:ephraim Wisconsin
Tires Plus Eastside GreenBay Wis
2175 Main Street Green Bay, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Tires Plus Included in my bill for a simple oil change was a recommended lilst for brake service. I was told my back brakes were completely gone and my front brake were 90 % gone. I was given an estimated bill for $801. 36 . Green Bay Wisconsin

*UPDATE Employee: Contact Charles smith

I received a recommended service list and bill after having a simple oil change. I was told my back brakes were completely gone and my front brakes were 90%gone. They gave me an itemized bill with parts and labor for $801.36. I did get a 2nd opinion since I didn't believe this to be true.

I had my car inspected at a reliable automotive service station and they told me that my front brakes were fine and that my back brakes were ok except for some wear on the brake pads. The rotors were fine. I spent one anxious week before getting this 2nd opinion-since my husband and I had plans for a long trip on the weekend. I was concerned not only for our safety but the safety of others. What really botherd me was how matter of factly they presented this to me-they didn't show me the car-they just said thats how it is.

Doreen
ephraim, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2008 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus-Eastside-GreenBay-Wis/Green-Bay-Wisconsin-54302-3809/Tires-Plus-Included-in-my-bill-for-a-simple-oil-change-was-a-recommended-lilst-for-brake-s-355365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus Eastside GreenBay Wis

Contact Charles smith

AUTHOR: Classamastertech - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately this is how this company makes its millions. They mask their predatory sales tactics. Their so called courtesy check is designed not for the consumers safety in mind, but to effectively "up-sell". The worst part of this courtesy check, is that most of the time a non certified lube tech is the one doing the inspection, not a qualified ASE technician. The major issue is that the disctrict staff holds meetings weekly for the managers, and sales staff, and talk about different sales tactics for up-selling customers. If the managers, and sales staff fails to up-sell certain services such as... Transmission fluid flushes, brake fluid flushes, coolant flushes...ect...ect they are heavily repremanded. Unfortunately not enough consumers file complaints, they just take there buisness elsewhere. If you want to complaint contact the district manager Chuck Smith, Eric Miles, or Brian Hoffman