Complaint Review: Tires Plus Of Burnsville

• Submitted: Sun, April 26, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, September 25, 2009

• Reported By:Burnsville Minnesota
Tires Plus Of Burnsville
1975 County Road 42 West Burnsville, Minnesota U.S.A.

Tires Plus Of Burnsville, On 3/7/09 Tires Plus of Burnsville informed my wife that she needed to have her lower intake gasket replaced due to coolant leakage Burnsville Minnesota

*General Comment: Confused

On 3/7/09 Tires Plus of Burnsville informed my wife that she needed to have her lower intake gasket replaced due to coolant leakage. Service advisor Matt gave her an estimate of $828.47. With that I told my wife that I would take care of it being a State licensed mechanic. Last week I tore down the entire upper and lower intake manifold. I did not find anything leaking in ANY of the gaskets that Tires Puss alluded to be leaking.

What I did find was a leaky thermostat gasket. That thermostat gasket cost $8.99 and that came with a new thermostat! As well I noticed that the place where the drain plug for the radiator was cracked and the only people that had worked on that radiator is Tires Plus of Burnsville.

When I reported these problems to Tires Plus consumer affairs I was told that the district manager would be in contact with us in 2 days! That was over a week ago! The only spot that even look like coolant had been leaking was under the thermostat! I am quite sure that Tires Plus would have just replaced the thermostat gasket and informed my wife that they had done all the work to replace all those other gaskets involved with the lower intake manifold. Tires Plus in my book are a bunch of ripoffs!

Scott
Burnsville, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2009 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus-Of-Burnsville/Burnsville-Minnesota-55306/Tires-Plus-Of-Burnsville-On-3709-Tires-Plus-of-Burnsville-informed-my-wife-that-she-nee-446682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus Of Burnsville

#1 General Comment

Confused

AUTHOR: Kurt - (USA)

You said that you are a state licensed mechanic? Minnesota dosn't have a state license for auto techs. You also said you tore down the intake and didn't find a leak, as a technician for 18years none of my coworkers would tear down a intake to find a leak. We use tracer dye, pressure testers and good old eyesight. I also don't accuse people of braking things unless less i see them brake it. Scott i am not trying to make you upset but comments like this is why auto techs get little respect and low wages, and if you are a tech you should know this. Please quit hurting our industry.