Complaint Review: Tires Plus Store

• Submitted: Fri, September 07, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2008

• Reported By:Cape Coral Florida
Tires Plus Store
155 Hancock Bridge Pkwy Cape Coral, Florida U.S.A.

Tires Plus Store Store, Tom Krastal (Mgr.), Anthony (Sales Associate) FEMALES BEWARE CHECK YOUR SPARE (TIRES PLUS STOLE MINE) RIPOFF Cape Coral Florida

*Consumer Comment: NO MICHELINS ON NISSAN'S

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Kelly, please tell the truth!

*Consumer Suggestion: any news

*Consumer Suggestion: HELLO THERE

*Author of original report: TIRES PLUS - CAPE CORAL STORE

*Consumer Comment: A LITTLE ADVICE

I went to Tire Plus on 8/25/07, I needed my right front tire replaced which are Michelin tires. I told Anthony the sales person that I knew I needed one tire replaced and that they could use my spare tire for the other since it was a new michelin and on a Nissan rim, not a dummy rim. He stated that he did not have any michelins in stock and would need to order them. So he reccommended firestone tires and that he could not use my spare because two different types of tires should not be on the same axle.

So I purchased the two new firestones and picked up my car and went on my way.

On Tuesday, August 28, 2007, I was fixing my light kit on the back of my X-terra and noticed that my spare tire was not hanging down like usual. Then I noticed the rim was not my nissan rim it was a black rim and my new michelin tire was not there. They stole my rim with my new michelin tire and replaced it with another.

So I called Tires Plus the same day and asked to talk to the manager, Tom Krastal, and I told him that my michelin tire and rim were replaced with something else. He made the comment that most cars do not come with 5 rims. I told him I don't know what to tell you but my car had 5 rims and a new michelin tire on it. He stated to bring it in and they would check it out. So I went by after work, Tom had left for the day, and another worker lifted my car on the rack and looked at it and said oh, there is a something general tire on it and that is what comes on it from the factory. I told him i really didn't care what comes on the car from the factory, it is not what was on my car when I brought it to them. He stated I would have to talk with Tom the manager.

So I called the next morning August 29, 2007 and was told that Tom was off until Friday. So i called the number on the back of the receipt, the Customer Service Dept. and filed a complaint, I think. Apparently, their computers were not working at the time (big surprise) and that Maureen would log it in and contact one of the district representatives. She informed me that they were on the road and would probably call me by Friday, August 31, 2007.

I was talking to a girl I work with, she stated she had the same thing happen to her in Alabama. This seems to be a common thing with Tires Plus Stores.

So Friday came and went with no call backs.

Kelly
Cape Coral, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2007 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus-Store/Cape-Coral-Florida-33990/Tires-Plus-Store-Store-Tom-Krastal-Mgr-Anthony-Sales-Associate-FEMALES-BEWARE-CHECK-273160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus Store

NO MICHELINS ON NISSAN'S

AUTHOR: Cupler2 - (U.S.A.)

Your Xterra had generals from the factory and the spare is a steel rim. There is NO Nissan Xterra with a "Factory" nissan rim. They are all steel, if you put a factory coated rim under the truck, it wouold be destroyed by snow, salt and rocks!!! Typical person bitching about something they don't know about!! LOL

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Kelly, please tell the truth!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Apparently you are mistaken. First, since Nissans do NOT come with Michelin tires from the factory (they have not come with Michelins in over 15 years.. anyone care to challenge this?), you would not have had a Michelin on the spare. The Xterras almost all came with Generals, and therefore, would not have a Michelin for the spare. Furthermore, the Xterras also do not have an alloy rim for the spare tire.. they have a plain steel rim. I sincerely think that you might want to reconsider the untruths that you are posting...

#3 Consumer Suggestion

any news

AUTHOR: SUNNY - (U.S.A.)

lets us know hows thing work out for yu

#4 Consumer Suggestion

HELLO THERE

AUTHOR: SUNNY - (U.S.A.)

Try faxing the corp headquarters your posting it may solve your problem. ,Sometime that will work with t.p you have to talk to the right
the person. some of them will make it worse ..good luck

TIRES PLUS - CAPE CORAL STORE

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

Today is 9/10/07, still no return calls, also I forgot to add in my original report that I would like my tire and rim returned if not then Tires Plus must reimburse me for my Nissan rim and new michelin tire.

A LITTLE ADVICE

AUTHOR: SUNNY - (U.S.A.)

Keep calling the corp. many times a day. dont bother with the store manager.Make sure it is a corp. store,they will be more quick to take care of it. This post is clear and concise. So roberts ,mike,chris,johns so i think we can all agree on this one right? Kelly keep in mind they stole your tire,have you tried the police? If all eles fails thats the reason god gave you a middle finger for the people that i wrote above. good luck,