Complaint Review: Tires Plus Total Car Care

• Submitted: Mon, November 24, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 24, 2008

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
Tires Plus Total Car Care
9559 Baymeadows Rd Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Tires Plus Total Car Care Scammers Jacksonville Florida

*Consumer Comment: Anybody want to guess why I left Florida?

I had a slow leak in my tire and went to Tires Plus on Baymeadows in Jacksonville, FL for a tire plug. They informed me that they cannot plug it but they could repair it for $26. They took my car and then called me and said that they could not repair the tire because the leak was on the side of the tire. They said that I needed a new tire, which would cost a total of over $130 for one tire! I said no way was I going to pay that much for one tire. A week later I took my car to Discount Tires on Beach Blvd in between Hodges and San Pablo. I had checked online and was all set to purchase 2 new tires (better to buy 2 at a time) and the total cost would have been under $130 for 2 tires. The nice man at discount tires came out with me as I showed him the tire and he pointed out that there was a nail that was embedded in my tire. I was in shock, I still thought that there may be a leak in the side of my tire so I asked him to check for it. He said that he thought they would be able to fix it but if they couldn't he would let me know. 15 minutes later the mechanic came out and said I was all finished. They balanced, rotated and fixed my tire for FREE, yes that is correct I paid for nothing. I asked the man how much I owed and he said nothing and that I would not have to buy any tires today. He also told me I could come back in 5 to 6,000 miles and get them rotated and balanced if I wanted (for free). What GREAT customer service. Tires Plus saw that I was a female that had little knowedge of cars and tried to get me for everything they could. I never had a leak on the side of my tire I had a nail in it and they let me drive off without even telling me. Apparenlty safety and honesty is not something they practice at Tires Plus. Go to (((Redacted)))for honest, quality, and compitent mechanics.

Jaxgurl
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2008 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus-Total-Car-Care/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/Tires-Plus-Total-Car-Care-Scammers-Jacksonville-Florida-394567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus Total Car Care

Anybody want to guess why I left Florida?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The OP doesn't see why a business cannot work for FREE. The guy who did it probably thought he'd get some action on the side from her(not uncommon). I had to explain every day for 4 years why mechanics don't work for FREE.

Way to go Jaxgurl. Either you are a shill for Discount Tire, or you've pretty much proven my point.