Complaint Review: Tires Plus Total Car Care

• Submitted: Tue, December 31, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, October 21, 2003

• Reported By:Lithia Springs Georgia
Tires Plus Total Car Care
662 Thornton Road Lithia Springs, Georgia U.S.A.

Tires Plus Total Car Care They'll tell you anything to get your money! Lithia Springs Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Tires Plus shouldn't be in business

*Consumer Comment: No James, you are missing the point

*UPDATE Employee: I hope somebody reads this!!!!

I chose this Tires Plus b/c it was convenient for me to drop off my car and walk to my house to wait for it. But now, it's not worth it anymore.

I'll give the most recent example:

I took my car in b/c of some rumbling noise I hear when I press the brake. I was told that it was the rotors. Since, that service had ALREADY been completed, he agreed to replace the rotors with brand new ones. I was then told that if that didn't fix it, that the Tire Rod would need to be replaced on the front left side.

After a few days, I had the same problem. I went back and they replaced the tire rod on the front left side and tried to charge me for an alignment that was STILL UNDER WARRANTY. Two days later, and I have the same problem. Wonder what they'll tell me next??

They also charged me $500 just to replace the front brakes. I didn't know any better so I paid it like a FOOL. But I know better now.

There was also a time where they claimed to have rotated/balanced/and realigned my tires, but after experiencing the same issues, I took it someplace else who claimed that it needed to be redone.

I have given Tires Plus enough of my money for them to RUIN my car. I will never go back there and I suggest you learn from my mistake.

Lithia Springs, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2002 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus-Total-Car-Care/Lithia-Springs-Georgia-30122/Tires-Plus-Total-Car-Care-Theyll-tell-you-anything-to-get-your-money-Lithia-Springs-Geor-39637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus Total Car Care

Tires Plus shouldn't be in business

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

Having dealt with them only out of desparation (they're open Sundays, they're the closest tire place, etc.) I have almost nothing good to say about them. I was completely disgusted with the sales weasel at the counter trying his best to con and manipulate every customer in the line, causing a huge delay as well- people wanted simple thigns done, he was doing everything in his power to complicate their problem.

I could go on for 10 pages, but all I will say is that tires plus is a horribly run company and I'll be laughing my a*s off when they eventually go out of business for their awful tactics, for example- $40 to adjust the aim of a headlight for an old lady who didn't know it could be done in 10 seconds, they should be ashamed.

No James, you are missing the point

AUTHOR: anon - (U.S.A.)

James, you are missing the point. Big deal if the store finally (FINALLY) gets it "right", after jerking the customer around and making them come back to the store numerous times. The job should have been done right the first time.

Also, women in particular seem to be the victims of idiot car repair shops. We are spoken to as if we don't have an IQ over 60, and then we are often told we need work done that isn't necessary, or cars are left in worse shape than when they were brought in or leave the lot with brand new problems.

So, James, take a lifetime of these kind of experiences, and ask yourself what more the store could do for the customer. How about just fixing the problem at a reasonable price and not trying to pad the bill or screw up the car to generate more business?

I wondered about this company and now I am glad to see this report. I recently used Tires Plus for an oil change and took advantage of the "free" tire rotation with the oil change. Well, now my steering wheel is a lot harder to turn, and it shakes. The car is whacked totally out of alignment, and it wasn't like that when I brought the car in. I now have to fix the problem, but I won't be going back to Tires Plus. As a matter of fact, when I look back on all the problems I have ever had with my car, it was because of shop error:

1)- the "missing" dipstick that some idiot didn't replace in my car. I had to wait 3 weeks for a backordered part, more time out of my day, not so much as a "sorry".

2)-coolant tank magically had a leak after I had it serviced. Gee, it was fine for 10 years, until the "mechanic" did a coolant flush.

3)- alternator belt installed too loose. Car made hideous sqealing noise. I was told the belt was ready to fly off when I finally got it back to a (different) service station. It had been installed incorrectly.

4)-bringing the car in for body work, having a personal item in the car broken. Nothing was said to me about how or why the item was broken.

I am sick of it. Yes, I am female. I cringe every time I have to bring my car in for routine work because I just know there will be some new creative way to screw up my car so some sleazebag can try and generate future business.

I hope somebody reads this!!!!

AUTHOR: james - (U.S.A.)

OK Now that you have 2 NEW front brake rotors at no charge, 2 NEW rear tires at no charge, An outer tie rod end (that you father bought) and that store installed at the price of 1 hour labor and aligned your car at no charge to you... are you still mad at the store or do you think that maybe just maybe the store is doing as much as possible to you as the customer?