Complaint Review: Tires Plus

• Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: Meredith_C — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Tires Plus
3041 Piedmont Road Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Tires Plus This company made my life feel endangered in order for me to pay for something I didn't need Atlanta, Georgia

*Author of original report: Request to take this report down: dispute resolved

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Corporate

First, please know that I am not a complainer at all, but these people are complete con artists. I am a 22 year old woman who does not know much about tires and cars. Their tactic is to prey on peoples emotions and try to make them feel unsafe.

So I got a flat tire due to a nail, and AAA happened to drop me off at Tires Plus. They said they could not patch the tire since it was on the side wall- ok fair enough.  I asked them to plug it, which is a $15 fix. They said they did not plug, and they recommended that I buy two new tires. The only reason I considered this was because I had to make a two hour trip the next day and didnt know if my spare would hold up. I called my dad for advice, and he said that I had a great spare tire- Firestone- that would be able to make it to Augusta and be fine. We decided I would drive home using the spare, and I would take the flat tire with me so I could get it plugged somewhere else. I would then put the fixed flat tire back on my car. Perfect plan, right?

So they put the spare tire on my car, and then tell me that I would be crazy to go out of town driving on it. They said it was severely dry rotted and had terrible tread. I freaked out because I dont know the difference, and I am just thinking that I could get in a wreck or worse. I ended up buying a new tire. They made it seem so severe that I drove the half mile back to work, and left my car overnight since the new tire couldnt come in until the next day. My boyfriend picked me up from work and took me the next morning. I then drove the half mile back to get the new tire. I decided to buy the new tire and still get the other one plugged. I would then have a new good spare. I requested that I bring home the tire with the nail, and they said it was in my car.

I had my new tire on my car, and I was in Augusta at my parents house. My dad asked to see the old tire they did not even give it to me. They lied to me. Instead they gave me the old spare that was in terrible condition. My dad/boyfriend said it had zero dry rot and really good tread (its never touched the ground). I just spent $200 on something that could have been $15. I looked at my bill closer, and they charged me for a tire rotationthat is impossible. There is no way they could have rotated my tires since the new tire was in the same location as the flat tire. Another lie/additional fee! They also charged me the recycling cost of the old tire. I called them up and they still had the flat so I went back, picked up the tire they should have given me in the first place, and removed the tire rotation/recycling cost. The guy who dealt with me looked like a puppy with his tail in his legs. He knew he was in the wrong and did not even put up a fight when I requested my money back. I still had to pay $166 for the new tire (that I didnt even need).

You live and you learn, but take it from my experience that you should not go here. These people are extremely sleazy and are out to make money. If you come in with one problem, they will find five. I also called AAA to tell them not to take anyone there! I got suckered into what they were saying when they told me my life was in danger. Dont let them do that to you!

Oh and this place has an overall score of 7 out of 30. Apparently I am not the only one with a negative experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Atlanta-Georgia-30625/Tires-Plus-This-company-made-my-life-feel-endangered-in-order-for-me-to-pay-for-something-997722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus

Request to take this report down: dispute resolved

AUTHOR: Meredith_C - (USA)

This was one big misunderstanding. Clayton, the manager of the Tires Plus I visited, was a great guy who put everything into layman's terms for me. I walked out with a much better feeling. This proves that it is not the company as a whole- I was wrong to jump to negative reviews. Thank you Tires Plus for all you do.

Response from Corporate

AUTHOR: consumer voice - (USA)

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am with the Tires Plus Corporate Offices. I have read through your concerns and want to apologize that your service was anything but perfect. In regards to the flat repair, we follow guidelines outlined by the Motorist Assurance Program. You are correct in saying that some repair shops maybe be able to simply plug the hole, however we do not consider that a safe, permanent solution to tire damage. If a leak is found we use a patch and plug system, if the leak is found too close to the sidewall of a tire we can't use the patch part of the patch and plug. A spare tire is suggested to be replaced if below 3/32 of an inch of tread is left or dry rotting has occured due to age or mileage. If your spare tire was neither of these, then I apologize and you are correct in stating it was fine for opperation. If you could please email me at social@bfrc.com  with an invoice# or the phone# on your account I would like to see if I can help.

Sincerely,