Complaint Review: Tires Plus

• Submitted: Sun, August 04, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, August 07, 2002

• Reported By:Brooksville Fl
Tires Plus
925 South Broad St. Brooksville, Florida U.S.A.

Tires Plus ripoff on junk yard parts dishonest rip-offs Brooksville Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: what does your company charge?

*UPDATE Employee: So do you for nothing?

I recently took my 1993 Chrysler Town & Country Van to Tires Plus in Brooksville. My family has done business with the previous Don Olson Firestone for 15 years without any problems.

On this day, I was told that a spindle had broken on the rear of the van. I checked and made sure of the problem. I was then told that it would have to wait until Monday until they could find it at a salvage yard. Well, 2 hours later I receive a call saying my van was ready and the whopping price of 455.00.

Now, this junk yard part was charged to me at 150.00 because Terry the manager said " I have to make a profit too". At this point I still never gave authorization for all this. In the past I was always called before anything was done and an cost estimate. Well since I was really mad and left the van there until I can resolve this I received a phone call by the time I got back home from Terry saying "

I'll cut the used part from 150.00 to only 100.00 for the sake of customer service". Then she told me that the part only cost her 75.00 (used). To make this short she charged me doulble for junk yard parts and because I complained she is giving me 50.00 off "for the sake of customer service" Well; after 15 years she is losing my business.

Steve
Brooksville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2002 10:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Brooksville-Florida-34601/Tires-Plus-ripoff-on-junk-yard-parts-dishonest-rip-offs-Brooksville-Florida-26093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus

#1 Consumer Suggestion

what does your company charge?

AUTHOR: joey - ()

does your company sell whatever they do at cost?
does it cost mcdonalds 75cents to make a hamburger? it must by your reasoning.
100%plus markup is not uncommon in ANY industry

So do you for nothing?

AUTHOR: chris - ()

So the part should be charged at cost. No charge for the time finding the aprt, getting it, and installing it on your car. The labor should only cover the cost of the salary of the mechanic and not the cost of the building or equipment. Hope you are happy at the other shop. I here Aamco does real good work.