Complaint Review: Tires Plus

• Reported By: Wes — Fort Myers Florida United States of America
Tires Plus
4223 Cleveland Avenue Fort Myers, Florida United States of America

Tires Plus Engine blown because of failed inspection Fort Myers, Florida

Ok so here's my story. Its currently a work in progress but this is the situation so far. I recently purchased a used car; in fact I purchased it less than a week ago. The car was pulling so i figured i needed an alignment, thus i brought it to tires plus.

Once at the store the sales guy asked if i also wanted to include the in-depth vehicle inspection for $20. Keep in mind; this was not the free courtesy check but the "in-depth" one i had to pay for. The only reason i agreed was because the car was new to me, I hadn't checked anything on it so i thought it'd be a good idea. I also let this be known to a service tech.

Well after like 1 1/2 hours of waiting; which is ridiculous by itself, i'm handed a list of suggested repairs which totals to like $600. I told the guy since  i just bought the car i don't have that kind of money to drop. I asked him if there was anything that needed to be addressed urgently and he told me just the brakes. As a result i have them replace the brake rotors and after another 2 1/2 hours i (Finally) get my car back. They say everything is set.

Well; here's where my problem comes in. A mere 3 hours later im driving to a friends place when all of sudden i notice a loud knock in my engine....We get to his place and check the oil. What do you know?? Its DRY! I'm talking 1 1/2 quarts of dirty oil. Part of the Tires Plus vehicle inspection is an oil check. Now my car has a spun rod bearing; thus the engine either needs to be rebuilt or replaced. I was not once told i had dangerously low oil, in fact they must have never even checked it. I thought i payed them for a reason? I now have no car to get to work and am EXTREMELY inconvenienced by this happening. I realize as the owner I should have checked it as well, but I drove off under the assumption that they had done a check and i was ok. Obviously if they had told me i had very low oil and if i drove at all the engine would be shot, i would have put oil in right there. I am in contact with an attorney to see if there is any legal action i can take at this point. I don't how many other people they are charging for a service they then do not provide.

They had the car for a total of 4 hours and the only actual work done was replacing the front rotors; which does not take nearly that long. During this time they couldn't even pull the dipstick once for a check that i payed for?? I would strongly suggest steering clear of this Tires Plus.

I will post updates on the situation within the week.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2010 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Fort-Myers-Florida-33901/Tires-Plus-Engine-blown-because-of-failed-inspection-Fort-Myers-Florida-608396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus