Complaint Review: Tires Plus

• Submitted: Tue, December 04, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2007

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
Tires Plus
Atlantic Blvd. Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Tires Plus MAF Sensor gone bad Jacksonville Florida

I own a 2000 Volkswagen Beetle, and recently needed to get the timing belt changed. I called around, and the least expensive place was Tires Plus, and as a college student, that was my best option. Everywhere else was charging $800, they said they charged $300.

I took the car in the morning, and they told me it would be ready some time that afternoon. They called me around 5pm that day and I picked up the car.

After about an hour of driving the car, I heard a loud noise come from the engine, as if something had snapped. I was at Publix so I had to call someone to come get me. I called Tires Plus, explained the situation, and they told me to bring it back in, so I did.

The next day, they called me saying that the pulley that held the timing belt also needed to be changed. Any other place would change the pulley the same time they changed the timing belt, but not Tires Plus. So they said they would change the pulley for an additional $350. I told them to go ahead and change it. My question as to why it was so cheap there was answered.

That afternoon I was told my car was ready, so I went ahead and picked it up. I turned on my car and after two minutes of it being on, my check engine light came on. Not only that, but it was idleing very roughly. I walked back inside and told them what happened. They tried to find the problem, but since I have a Volkswagen I had to go to the dealership.

I went to the dealership, they looked at my car, and told me that the MAF sensor had gone bad. I asked them if there was any way Tires Plus could have caused it because when I brought the car to them, it was in perfect condition. They told me they have no way of proving it. I had to pay $600 to get the MAF sensor replaced because I had to way of proving that Tires Plus had caused it. It is so obvious that they did because how is it that I take the car in in perfect condition, and, without even driving it, the MAF goes bad?

Ever since I took my car there it has not been running the same. I will never take my car anywhere but to the dealership from now on. Goodyear also works well with my car. Tires Plus, however, never again.

Beba
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2007 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Jacksonville-Florida-32255/Tires-Plus-MAF-Sensor-gone-bad-Jacksonville-Florida-288893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus