Complaint Review: Tires Plus

• Submitted: Thu, December 21, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, March 30, 2007

• Reported By:Sneads Florida
Tires Plus
8633 Tara Blvd Jonesboro, Georgia U.S.A.

Tires Plus Tried to rip me off... saw a senior citizen in dire straits Ripoff Jonesboro Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: tiresplus sucks

*Author of original report: Tires Plus just outright lied to me

On Dec. 19th I was in Jonesboro, Ga to attend a funeral when my brakes on my 97 Ford Taurus went out...the back brakes.

I had to have my vehicle towed to the nearest place that fixed brakes and that, unfortunately, was Tires Plus in Stockbridge, Ga. They told me, after examination, that both my rear brakes were gone and that I needed to have EVERYTHING replaced.

First, they gave me a price of $800 and something..and when I balked at that, they changed it to $644 (they said I probably didn't need a master cylinder.

When I called my husband (who is a MASTER mechanic but was in Florida) he told me to tell them to stick it and leave which is exactly what I did.

I managed to get the car back to my sister's house (the brakes were doing just fine?).

My husband will manage to fix our car for less than $180!

They saw an old woman in a desperate situation and attempted to take advantage of the situation. They even tried to convince me I needed new tires on all 4 wheels!'

Page
Sneads, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2006 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Jonesboro-Georgia-30236/Tires-Plus-Tried-to-rip-me-off-saw-a-senior-citizen-in-dire-straits-Ripoff-Jonesboro-Ge-226623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus

#1 Consumer Suggestion

tiresplus sucks

AUTHOR: Glenn - (U.S.A.)

IAM going though the same crap. they sell bad tires. they tried to run me over; really a bad company.they need to be stopped. they called us every name in the book. they are pure evil.good luck

Tires Plus just outright lied to me

AUTHOR: Page - (U.S.A.)

When I got my car back home to Florida, I had the brakes checked out and guess what was wrong? THE MASTER CYCLINDER which Tires Plus told me was one thing they could assure me I didn't need! They outright lied to me. I hope that nobody else ever uses this place.