Complaint Review: Tires Plus

• Submitted: Thu, February 03, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, September 25, 2009

• Reported By:shoreview Minnesota
Tires Plus
9280 Lake Drive Lexington, Minnesota U.S.A.

Tires Plus - Ripoff oil change special: $13.95. NO OiL: free. Trashed engine: Exspensive. Cust.Service:NON-EXISTANT Lexington Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: They don't care

I took my 2002 Saturn Vue in for a oil change at the local Tires Plus on a friday-New Years Eve day. I've been to this Tires Plus on other occasions without any problems.

I dropped off my car, and was told they would call when it was done. When called about 1 1/2 hours later I got a ride and picked up my car. I purchased a package deal of 4 oil changes for $58.00 then left in my Vue and proceded to drive back home.

I made it about 1 mile before the engine oil light came on, and then about 200 yards further before the engine started to run rough and subsequently seize up.

To make a long story short I have been dealing with the Tires Plus Customer Service and with the insurance company representing Tires Plus ,since that day, trying to get my car fixed.

The best they can offer is a salvaged used engine from a salvage yard to replace mine. I bought my car brand new 2 1/2 years ago and have put 36,000 trouble free miles on it since. I have had my oil changed every 3000 miles, so I know what I had before Tires Plus did there handy work. All I want is to have that same confidence back. I want my engine fixed!! or have a resolution that will restore that confidence I had in my car.

I was told to take the offer of a used engine or pay out of my own pocket $1800.00 for a portion of a new engine.

I have hired an attorney and expect this matter to be settled in court. It should never have to come to this. I have done some research on Tires Plus and am finding that they are getting a bad reputation for not backing up there services.

I would suggest to anyone that needs service work done on their car not to go to the now independently owned franchises of TIRES PLUS.

Greg
shoreview, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2005 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Lexington-Minnesota-55014/Tires-Plus-Ripoff-oil-change-special-1395-NO-OiL-free-Trashed-engine-Exspensive-130044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus

They don't care

AUTHOR: Kurt - (USA)

I have also had problems with Lexington TP, i brought my car in for the $11.99 oil change special, took too long and when the KID brought my car out front he was nice but i asked if greased the rear of the car he said no(at least he's honest) then he told me he knew about the zerks in the rear because he drove the same model car! I won't bash the KID, but thats who is working on your car. If TP dosn't hire trained techs to change the oil on your car you will have problems. I have also heard poor comments in our area about the store so i would advise using them until there quality comes back, but for that to happen you have to care. I don't think i have seen the same preson twice in that store(high turnover).