• Report: #731979

• Updated: Sun, May 22, 2011

• Reported By: JD — Lone Tree Colorado USA
Tires Plus
9000 Park Meadows Drive Lone Tree, Colorado United States of America

Tires Plus Lone Tree CO Tires Plus Oil Change Destroyed my Engine Lone Tree, Colorado

I have another Tires Plus horrific Oil Change Story story.
I took my 2000 Ford Excursion to Tires Plus in Lone Tree CO for a standard oil change. After a short time the engine begin to knock really bad. I check the dip stick and it didn't register any oil. I had it towed to Tires Plus, upon which they called in an adjustor to inspect the problem. I was there to witness the inspection and when we drained the oil there was barely 2 quarts of oil in an engine that takes 6 quarts.

The manager immediately stated that my engine must really burn oil which was absolutely ridiculous. This vehicle has never burned any oil and is serviced every 3,500 miles. Even the inspector laughed at the managers comment.

I thought everything would be taken care of but to my surprise the corporate office called me and said this was my problem for not checking the oil / dip stick. I responded that you must be kidding me and asked for a copy of the inspectors report but was told that they were not obligated to provide me a copy.

The repair will cost between $5-9K depending on if I go with a rebuilt engine or a new one. I am planning to take legal action against Tires Plus. Warning to everyone, do not take your vehicle to Tires Plus for any service!!! I wish I had read of all the problems people have experienced with this company before taking my car in for a routine service!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2011 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Lone-Tree-Colorado-80124/Tires-Plus-Lone-Tree-CO-Tires-Plus-Oil-Change-Destroyed-my-Engine-Lone-Tree-Colorado-731979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus