Complaint Review: Tires Plus

• Reported By: Robert — Morrisville Pennsylvania United States of America
Tires Plus
580 West Trenton Avenue Morrisville, Pennsylvania United States of America

Tires Plus Fraud, bogus work order, scam Morrisville, Pennsylvania

Tires Plus tried to charge me about $1,500 for mostly unneeded repairs. I ended up getting the actually needed work at an independent mechanic for $258 --- less than 1/5th what the Tires Plus people wanted me to pay.

That's the bottom line of my dreadful experience the last time I went to the Morrisville, Pa., branch of Tires Plus, a Florida-based national tire and car-service center that is a subsidiary of Bridgestone/Firestone.

The attempted scam started after I had my car towed to the Morrisville Tires Plus earlier this month. I had been a customer of that Tires Plus location for about seven years and felt I was treated honestly before now. But after this last experience, I have no intention of going back and would urge others to stay away too.

Here's my story: My car developed a problem with its water pump/coolant system and became pretty much inoperable out of the blue. The Tires Plus technician(s) who looked it over determined that I needed new radiator hoses, a new water pump, a new thermostat, a new coolant-temperature sensor, new thermostat housing, a coolant flush and an oil change. They told me all the hardware just mentioned was broken and had to be replaced. It turns out I needed none of those things, so it's a good thing I had my car towed to an independent mechanic for a second opinion.

The only work my car needed was a new water pump belt tensioner, a new belt for the water pump and a coolant refill. The Tires Plus team had identified those needs as well, but they also tacked on the bogus stuff I listed in the previous paragraph.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2011 11:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Morrisville-Pennsylvania-19067/Tires-Plus-Fraud-bogus-work-order-scam-Morrisville-Pennsylvania-695092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus