• Report: #1052000

• Updated: Sat, May 18, 2013

• Reported By: Saelig — Cherry Valley Illinois
Tires Plus
1956 Daimler Rd Rockford, Illinois USA

Tires Plus Tires Plus used incorrect oil, charged for inspection not performed. Rockford Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Corporate Response

My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac was taken to Tires Plus today for an oil change, tire rotation and inspection to find a problem with the front suspension.  Ford recommends 5W30 motor oil, however the Tires Plus receipt clearly shows they used 5W20 oil.  The inspection resulted in a print out of Ford recommended maintenance based solely on milage.  Tire Plus recommends replacing the front shocks that are so new they still have the shine from the factory.  They recommend replacing the new air filter, which is of course very clean as it's about two weeks old.  They tell me I have "copper" in the brake fluid and it need to be flushed.  An inspection was not performed ... the spark plug wires look new but are on the list of items to be replaced.

Clearly Tires Plus is not a company I would recommend nor would I use again.  I was suspecious of the quality the last time I had oil changed and they recommended I replace my new brake pads (based on mileage not on weare).

I will be attempting to get a refund for the work they claim to have done and do not plan to return to this store and will recommend to everyone I know to not trust Tires Plus or any other Firestone owned company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2013 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Rockford-Illinois-61112/Tires-Plus-Tires-Plus-used-incorrect-oil-charged-for-inspection-not-performed-Rockford-1052000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus

Corporate Response

AUTHOR: BSRO Social - ()

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am with the Tires Plus Corporate Offices. I have read through your concerns and want to apologize if any unnecessary recommendations were made. Typically recommendations are made based on a visual inspection or my the mileage based off of manufacturer recommendations. If you would like to message me at social@bfrc.com with an invoice number and the phone number off of your account I would like to investigate this further to make sure it does not happen in the future. I thank you for your time.

Best Regards,