Complaint Review: Tires Plus

• Updated: Fri, August 16, 2013

• Reported By: hMosby — Sarasota Florida
Tires Plus
4402 Bee Ridge Road , Select State/Province USA

Tires Plus Fraudulent proposal about work needed to repair my vehicle Sarasota Florida

BUYER BEWARE! Complaint about Tires Plus on Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota Fl has for the second time tried to rip off my family. I have a Dodge Caravan that overheated in the 2 miles from my house to the corner where Tires Plus is located. I pulled in because the van was beeping and the thermostat went to H (for HOT). They checked the radiator and said was empty of water and the coolant was also empty. I left it for a pressure check of the radiator system. When I returned they gave me a written proposal telling me I needed all this work….New radiator (mine is cracked). Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses…New thermostat… New Thermo Housing Gasket… New Radiator Cap…. Remove and Replace Radiator… Remove and Replace Hoses… Remove and Replace Thermostat…Gasket. Total Job 789.94 Plus I need new front and back Wiper Blades for $12.00 Total with tax is $866.62.

Well, I said I’d think about it. I phoned the dealer where I bought this vehicle and made an appointment for Monday am. MY husband meantime put in a $7.99 bottle of ‘Stop Leak’ which supposedly plugs any small holes in the system.

Monday afternoon I receive word from the dealer that if there ever was a problem with my radiator the $7.99 bottle of ‘Stop Leak’ sealed the problem. The radiator is not cracked and never was and the thermostat and hoses are in fine condition. The estimate I received was nothing but an attempt to steal from me. Frankly I think this sort of fraudulent behavior should be illegal and punishable like any other crime.

A few years ago this same shop did the same thing… only with an air conditioning compressor scam to my visiting relatives.

My husband went to the store and confronted the manager who blamed the technician , who blamed a technician who had the day off.

BTW: I am posting this on ‘Better Business Bureau’, ‘Rip off Report’, ‘Facebook’, and sending a copy to Tires Plus

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Select-StateProvince/Tires-Plus-Fraudulent-proposal-about-work-needed-to-repair-my-vehicle-Sarasota-Florida-1076436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus