Complaint Review: Tires plus

• Submitted: Mon, December 05, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 06, 2011

• Reported By: Shiba — King Of Prussia Pennsylvania United States of America
Tires plus
west dekalb pike, king of prussia king of prussia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Tires plus Brake replaced and after driving half mile fire came from the brake pads. king of prussia, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Brake repair at Tiresplus, King of prussia

I had some sound from rear wheel of my Nissan Maxima 2002 SE model. I went to tires plus at DeKalb street king of Prussia to replace my brake pads. They quote me $170. I ask them to complete the work. I was sitting in their repair centre for 2 hours. They gave me the car. I found that my car was not that smooth as earlier. But I though because of new breaks it is happening. So I went to home. That evening I came out for dinner. I drove the car for half mile and saw fire came out from my rear wheel. i called 911 for help. fire man, police officer came and I toe the car to their place. They inspect the car and told that caliper was wrong and cost for 2 is $360. They replace one for $201.  They didn't inform me anything regarding the same when changed my brake pads. It is totally unprofessional and they didn't even test drive my car for safety after changing the breaks. This is bad service and I never suggest anyone to go there. They should learn from their mistakes. We dropped our dinner plan because of their service, My kid got scared by looking the fire and now do not want to enter that car, my family was standing in a trafic signal for 2 hours in a cold night.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2011 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-plus/king-of-prussia-Pennsylvania-19406/Tires-plus-Brake-replaced-and-after-driving-half-mile-fire-came-from-the-brake-pads-king-805388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires plus

Brake repair at Tiresplus, King of prussia

AUTHOR: Shiba - (United States of America)

Today I got a call from tires plus. He considered my case and discussed the situation with his employees and family members. After that he decided to refund $200 that he charged for the replacement of caliper. This is something nice behavior and nice way of handling customer that I expected from them. I do not have any complaint on them as they gave me my car as it was earlier. I appreciate their work.