Complaint Review: Tires plus

• Updated: Mon, March 18, 2013

• Reported By: avoidtiresplus — louisville Kentucky
Tires plus
4515 Bardstown Rd louisville, Kentucky United States of America

Tires plus avoid at all costs louisville, Kentucky

*General Comment: This Sounds Like A Legitimate Complaint

*UPDATE Employee: Corporate Response

These people are little more than crooks.  I've used Tires Plus for about 10 years now, but my last two experiences at this location were terrible.  They will try to charge for things you don't need!  Our car developed a nasty wobble indicative of a tire knot...right off the bat they wanted to charge for an alignment to see if that solved the problem!  It just needed a new tire!  If you call them on their bs, they will normally remove the charge, as they did that time.
My most recent experience with them could have killed me, and I'll never use them again.  Back brakes were sticking...spent way too much money for a rear brake job.  On the drive home, notice that brake is squishy...great, I'll have to bleed them I guess.  By the time I got to my street, the brakes were out!  It was spraying brake fluid from a busted line!  Thankfully I lived within 5 miles, otherwise I likely would be in a ditch somewhere today!  I called them immediately, only for them to be confrontational and blame me for it!  They would not call a tow truck, but gave me the number for one.  After towing, they wanted another 150 or so to fix this problem they created!  And to charge for the tow!  This place is disgusting, dangerous, and full of crooks.  If you value your life, safety, vehicle, or money, look elsewhere.

If corporate reads this - I am not asking for a refund.  I'd prefer your company just cease to exist, and would rather tell everyone I know about your shitty company than to have you 'resolve the problem'.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2013 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-plus/louisville-Kentucky-40218/Tires-plus-avoid-at-all-costs-louisville-Kentucky-1035473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires plus

#1 General Comment

This Sounds Like A Legitimate Complaint

AUTHOR: SUCKA! - ()

When a consumer is legitimately ripped off, and is an informed-enough consumer to know they were legitimately being ripped off,   this consumer couldn't care less about getting their money back.  They know it isn't worth the hassle.  They know receiving a refund doesn't justify the wrong that was done.  They know they would much rather pay someone else more qualified to correct the issue the first time that someone else messed up.  They are more so focused on the bigger picture: eliminate the root of the problem...Get this company out of business.  Isn't this what this website is all about?  This particular complaint serves to reinforce what this website is all about...unlike many other frivelous complaints on here.

Corporate Response

AUTHOR: BSRO Social - ()

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am with the Tires Plus Corporate Offices. I have read through your post and want to apologize for the inconvenience this brake service has caused you. All of our locations offer a fixed-right guarantee and if these issues are related to our service, all additional costs will be covered. If you could please email me at social@bfrc.com with the store location you visited as well as the phone number on your account or an invoice number I can get the right people involved. I look forward to your message.

Best Regards,