Complaint Review: TiresPlus of Suwanee GA

• Submitted: Mon, May 28, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, May 28, 2001

• Reported By:Roswell GA
TiresPlus of Suwanee GA
4070 Johns' Creek Parkway Suwanee, Georgia U.S.A.

TIRES PLUS in Suwanee, GA Charged for brake pads they never put on......

*0:

In February 2001 my breaks started squeaking so I immediately brought my 4-Runner in to TIRES PLUS in Suwannee GA to have them looked at and if necessary, repaired.

The manger told me I need new break pads. He insisted that I also purchase the Tires Plus special rotor service, which was some treatment to the rotors to make them wear more evenly. He said he would Tires Plus would not warrantee the work otherwise. He was very insistent.

I called Toyota of Sandy Springs and the service manager there said that if the pads were replaced before the rotors were damaged that the additional service was unnecessary. Indeed, the Tires Plus manager confirmed that the break rotors and calipers were fine. Consequently, I told the Tiresplus manager that I did not want the rotor treatment. He was annoyed and brought out a mechanic and another manager to convince me to change my mind. I asked if the breaks were dangerous without the rotor service and the manager said they were safe, and would last 30-40 thousand miles but would be noisier.... so again I declined. He warned me not to come back to complain about the breaks if they were noisy.

Less then 5'000 miles and four months later I brought my 4-runner into Sandy Springs Toyota for service and inspection. They discovered that the "new break pads" Tiresplus had installed had worn completely with '0' thicknes left which left the rotors damaged and would have to be replaced.

I told the Toyota manager that was impossible because I had replaced the break pads a little more than 4000 miles before. The Toyota manager argued that was impossible because 4-runner brakes do not wear out that quickly. He added that even driving on hilly terrain and hauling a heavy camper I should get a minimum 10-15K on break pads. After further inspection the Toyota people found the original factory brake pads were still on the car. Conclusion, Tiresplus defrauded me.

I called the Manager at Tiresplus and explained the situation. He basically said that I should have bought the added rotors service and that otherwise I was out of luck. He said that Tiresplus mechanics are all individual contractors and they worked for money--'No money in your problem.' He told me. When I told him that I knew he did not replace my breaks he challenged me to prove it...The Toyota series manager called Tiresplus on my behalf and received the same response...tough luck.

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Tires Plus

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TiresPlus-of-Suwanee-GA/Suwanee-Georgia-30024/TIRES-PLUS-in-Suwanee-GA-Charged-for-brake-pads-they-never-put-on-5270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TiresPlus of Suwanee GA

#1 0

AUTHOR: - ()

In February 2001 my brakes started squeaking so I immediately brought my 4-Runner in to TIRES PLUS in Suwannee GA to have them looked at and if necessary, repaired.

The manger told me I need new brake pads. He insisted that I also purchase the Tires Plus special rotor service, which was a treatment to the rotors to make them wear more evenly. He said Tires Plus would not warrantee the work otherwise. He was very insistent.

I called a mechanic at Sandy Springs Toyota who told me that if the pads were replaced before the rotors were damaged that the additional service was unnecessary. Indeed, the Tires Plus manager confirmed that the brake rotors and calipers were fine. Consequently, I told the Tiresplus manager that I did not want the rotor treatment. He was annoyed and brought out a mechanic and another manager to convince me to change my mind. I asked if the breaks were dangerous without the rotor service and the manager said they were safe, and would last 30-40 thousand miles but that they would be noisier.... so, again I declined the service. He warned me not to come back to complain about the breaks if they were noisy.

I told the Toyota manager that was impossible because I had replaced the break pads a little more than 4000 miles before. The Toyota manager argued that was impossible because 4-runner brakes do not wear out that quickly. He added that even driving on hilly terrain and hauling a heavy camper I should get a minimum 10-15K on break pads. After further inspection the Toyota people found the original factory brake pads were still on the car. Conclusion, Tiresplus charged me $80.00 for brake pads they never put on...in addition they put my family and me at risk by allowing me to drive on worn brakes.

#2 0

AUTHOR: - ()

The manger told me I need new break pads. He insisted that I also purchase the Tires Plus special rotor service, which was a treatment to the rotors to make them wear more evenly. He said Tires Plus would not warrantee the work otherwise. He was very insistent.

I called a mechanci at Sandy Springs Toyota who told me that if the pads were replaced before the rotors were damaged that the additional service was unnecessary. Indeed, the Tires Plus manager confirmed that the break rotors and calipers were fine. Consequently, I told the Tiresplus manager that I did not want the rotor treatment. He was annoyed and brought out a mechanic and another manager to convince me to change my mind. I asked if the breaks were dangerous without the rotor service and the manager said they were safe, and would last 30-40 thousand miles but would be noisier.... so again I declined. He warned me not to come back to complain about the breaks if they were noisy.

#3 0

#4 0

AUTHOR: - ()

Less then 5'000 miles and four months later I brought my 4-runner into Sandy Springs Toyota for service and inspection. They discovered that the "new brake pads" Tiresplus had installed had worn completely with '0' thicknes left which left the rotors damaged and would have to be replaced.

I told the Toyota manager that was impossible because I had replaced the brake pads a little more than 4000 miles before. The Toyota manager argued that was impossible because 4-runner brakes do not wear out that quickly. He added that even driving on hilly terrain and hauling a heavy camper I should get a minimum 10-15K on brake pads. After further inspection the Toyota people found the original factory brake pads were still on the car. Conclusion, Tiresplus charged me $80.00 for brake pads they never put on...in addition they put my family and me at risk by allowing me to drive on worn brakes.

I called the Manager at Tiresplus and explained the situation. He basically said that I should have bought the added rotors service and that otherwise I was out of luck. He said that Tiresplus mechanics are all individual contractors and they worked for money--'No money in your problem.' He told me. When I told him that I knew he did not replace my brakes he challenged me to prove it...The Toyota series manager called Tiresplus on my behalf and received the same response...tough luck.

#5 0