Complaint Review: Titan Alarm

• Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: Rachele — Goodyear Arizona
Titan Alarm
Nationwide USA

Titan Alarm Renewed my contract for 1 year - IN THE FINE PRINT! 36 month Contract Complete, BUT you get to pay for one more year! Phoenix Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: My bet is it's plainly spelled out in the contract and NOT in fine print..post a copy of your contract here..

So I had an alarm with Titan installed 3 years and 5 months ago.  Several times we had an alarm and they never came across the wireless voice.  Additionally, I just called to cancel only to find out that if you don't cancel BEFORE the end of the 36 month contract your contract renews automatically for ONE YEAR!  WHAT?!?!?!  Are you kidding me?  I'm sure that was never pointed out EVER and what kind of contract requires notice or auto renewal for 1 YEAR!  I met my obligation.  Their system is out of date and they want me to pay to upgrade the battery so time to switch, but I have to pay for 7 MONTHS!!!  Buyer beware and STAY CLEAR of TITAN ALARMS!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2014 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Titan-Alarm/nationwide/Titan-Alarm-Renewed-my-contract-for-1-year-IN-THE-FINE-PRINT-36-month-Contract-Comple-1136387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Titan Alarm

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"I'm sure that was never pointed out EVER and what kind of contract requires notice or auto renewal for 1 YEAR!  I met my obligation."

(((REDACTED))) and most other alarm companies have similar auto-renewal terms.  You usually must cancel in a fixed time frame.

It's OBVIOUS you didn't read the contract before agreeing to it and signing it. BTW, if you don't abide by the cancellation agreement, it will auto-renew for another year..time to read that contract. Are you in the habit of signing contracts without reading the first?