Complaint Review: Titan Financial

• Submitted: Thu, April 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, April 29, 2004

• Reported By:San Diego California
Titan Financial
41221 Dallas Parkway Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Titan Financial Credit Card Scam; unauthorized deduction from checking acount! Rip-off! Dallas Texas

In early April, a gentleman who referred to himself as Sean Collins from Titan Financial contacted me via my cellphone. He began telling me this elaborate story on how I could rebuild my credit with a 6-month interest free, 2500.00 dollar credit line from Titan Financial who in fact was just a contact service through Mastercard.

"What's the catch?" In fact Sean was so convincing, that when he began reading my SSN, I had no choice since I had been applying for small credit cards for over 3 months by then... needless to say, just as the dozens of other reports you read on this site, "I got had!" There was a 299.00 dollar deduction from my account, which in turn overdrew my account and without my noticing I used my account, and due to overdraft fees and charges, along with the $299, I have now ceased almost 650.00 dollars at Titan Financial expense.

They did not receive my account information from me, nor did I let them easily enquire as to my account info. In fact, I was so persistent to ensure that this was not a scam, I asked for the name, employee number, phone, business hours, and where I could find their credentials online where their response was simply that they were part of the BBB (which I though meant better business bureau, but in fact meant BAD BUSINESS BUREAU)Who would have thought that these people could be so convincing that they would scam a twenty year old kid out of almost a months salary. Contact your bank, they can help you, if they don't, persist.

***If you are in the military as I am; contact your OIC via your chain of command immediately, and stop your direct deposit, change your bank accounts, and review all financial accounts, have your OIC contact the Dispersing Officer, and then contact legal to for settlements. The government will take care of you one way or another either through bank insurance repayments or through your monthly pay... if you have any questions, locate me at MCAS Miramar in San Diego and I will be happy to help anyone who was had by this scandal.

Lowe, JA
San Diego, MCAS Miramar, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2004 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Titan-Financial/Dallas-Texas-75254/Titan-Financial-Credit-Card-Scam-unauthorized-deduction-from-checking-acount-Rip-off-Da-89534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Titan Financial