Complaint Review: Titan Model Talent

• Updated: Fri, May 09, 2014

• Reported By: Kim — Commack New York
Titan Model Talent
1 Rabro Drive Suite 11 Hauppauge, New York USA

Titan Model Talent Titan Models, http://titanmodeltalent.com/, Fake Modeling Agency, Model Scam Long Island, New Faces, Hauppauge New York

*Consumer Comment: Not a Victim...Too Smart For That

*Consumer Comment: SCAM-Titan Model Talent-New Faces-Udevelopme

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: POSITIVE REVIEW

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: POSITIVE REVIEW -

I was contacted by a guy Tim saying he was told about my child's look and asked if I could bring her in for an interview.  I was very excited and thought that my child finally had a chance of being placed in an ad.  Once I got there I was told how beautiful and talented she was and that the camera loved her since I showed him pictures I had already done of her.  Once I bought into it hook, line, and sinker suddenly there were all these "fees" I had to pay.  My child has had professional pictures done in the past, but he wanted them redone so he could put them on the web.  I said I wasn't sure and that I would think about it.  I suddenly got the hard sale and he got nasty with me.  I told him I did not have any more money since I have done this in the past and it wold have to wait a month.  I left and in the parking lot I met with someone who did sign up and what he said about our children was word for word the same even thought they were different ages and completely different "looks"  I went home and looked up their website online and on the bottom of their website in its disclaimer "Titan Models makes NO representations of guarantees, or the ability or intention to provide employment opportunities to its clients. " No intentions to provide work?  Seriously?  No wonder you are charging so much money up front that is how they make their money.  Once I looked up Long Island modeling agencies I see all these articles about scams.  That is all this guy is.  Shame on you for playing on parents' hopes for their children.  This sounds exactly what the peope from New Faces were arrested for.  He probably worked for them and now that they were arrested went on his own with the emplyees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2014 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Titan-Model-Talent/Hauppauge-New-York/Titan-Model-Talent-Titan-Models-httptitanmodeltalentcom-Fake-Modeling-Agency-Mod-1130600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Titan Model Talent

Not a Victim...Too Smart For That

AUTHOR: Jenn - ()

My daughter was stopped a couple of years back by New Faces in the mall and when I asked them about them covering the costs of the photo shoot, they immediately told me they don't. At least they were honest then. I rebutted with something like, "Well, if you believe in her talent, you pay for the photo shoot because that's how modeling agencies work." I was immediately told that was not how it works. I know for a fact this is how it works for two reasons: One I was denied at a modeling agency when I was younger, but was told that I could pay for my own pictures and they would keep them on file; that if they thought I had potential that they would pay for the photo shoot themselves. They were very insistant on making sure that my mom and I understood that so we wouldn't get taken advantage of. Two, I have a friend whose daughter used to model. Her agency paid for all her photo shoots.

So, just this past spring I was walking through the mall and I was approached by UDEVELOPME scouts. When I asked them, again, about the cost of the shoot, they told me that the client DOES NOT PAY. So, we go home and google. Low and behold, pages of reports about how this agency is New Faces renamed came up. I eventually spoke with a rep from there when she called. When asked if I was still interested I told her, "Well, when we got home, we googled you." All she could say was, "Oh. Okay." and said good-bye. That tells a lot.

P.S. A young lady I used to go to school with is still waiting for her paycheck from New Faces. The management fled the country after an investigation of fraud opened up on the company and when returned, was arrested. Not a top-notch company to be involved with.

P.P.S. There is a good possibility that the person changed their name when filing this report and that's why they aren't searchable in the company's database...Or, more likely Tim is lying.

SCAM-Titan Model Talent-New Faces-Udevelopme

AUTHOR: Jeff - ()

It seems as though people are truly capable of falling for these ridiculous sharades.  These scams are nothing more than a way to exploit individuals who do not know any better.

Professors and teachers in conservatories and film schools and acting programs warn students to stay as far away from these so called "talent marketing" schemes.

First of all, why would the owner have to post the same comment twice?  That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Second of all, why would a business like this employ the same tactic that got those geniuses from New Faces in hot water?  These scammers send out "scouts" who are nothing more than scammers themselves to hunt down unsuspecting families in an attempt to get them to purchase a product that either doesn't exist or won't actually get them any work.

The "scouts" as they call them are just paid employees making money off of the people who actually spend the money for this scam.  These scouts have zero experience in the entertainment industry and have zero desire to actually see you succeed.

I have had a few people approach me, asking me about this absolute sham of a business.  As i used to teach, I say the same exact thing every time.

If one business was doing this, got arrested, got fined, and ended up with mugshots on the internet, why would you trust a business with a different name doing the same exact thing?

It is easy to find out that "Tim" or "Tim Scott" if that is really his name, used to work for the NEW FACES scam artists.  On top of that NEW FACES is still operating under another name Udevelopme, you may have heard their ad on the radio.

These are not businesess.  These are not helpful people.  They want your money and nothing else.  If you truly believe you have talent or a look you would be picked up by an agency or you would be going on casting calls, hiring an agent and a manager, getting you SAG card, doing extra work and working on sets.  You would be hitting the pavement hard going to theater companies.

Avoid these scams at all costs.  The deeper you get, the more money you'll see disappear.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

POSITIVE REVIEW

AUTHOR: Allen Ross - ()

This Ripoff Report is absolutely false and made-up.  Titan Models never had a customer by this name, from this city, visit our office at any time.  If this review was made by an actual customer of our company, we ask that you provide us proof of your visit to our office so that we may adequately resolve this matter. Customer Service is our Top Priority! Simply stating the name of the Director throughout your false review and disparaging him with claims that have no merit is not proof of a visit.  Further, tying this company to New Faces is absurd.  We have NO affiliation with them or their management!  The clear conclusion here is that this review has been posted by a competitor.  However, we are happy to take this opportunity to speak about our business.

It is our  job to market and promote our talent to these industry professionals.   It is up to the industry professionals to choose whom they want to use for a particular role, project, job.  That is why we cannot "guaranty" whom the industry professionals will cast.  What we can guaranty is that we will market and promote our talent so that the industry professionals know our talent is readily available for paying modeling/acting jobs.

Fees for our services are highly competitive in the industry and that is why we believe our competitors are coming after us.  Some of our competitors' packages start at $1000 and up for similar services and only seek NON-paying jobs for their talent.  Our packages are extremely reasonable and we only seek PAYING jobs for our talent.  See for yourself!  Call our office today and make an appointment!  If you have always wanted to see your name in lights, now is the time!  631.771.1301- Closed Mondays.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

POSITIVE REVIEW -

AUTHOR: Allen - ()

This Ripoff Report is absolutely false and made-up.  Titan Models never had a customer by this name, from this city, visit our office at any time.  If this review was made by an actual customer of our company, we ask that you provide us proof of your visit to our office so that we may adequately resolve this matter.  Simply stating the name of the Director throughout your false review and disparaging him with claims that have no merit is not proof of a visit.  Further, tying this company to New Faces is absurd.  We have NO affiliation with them or them or their management!  The clear conclusion here is that this review has been posted by a competitor.  However, we are happy to take this opportunity to speak about our business.

We are a talent marketing and promotions company.  We are NOT a modeling agency, which means we do NOT take a commission for any modeling or acting jobs for which our talent lands.  We are in the business of creating and selling marketing tools, which include headshots, composite cards, audio and videos, that we use to tirelessly market and promote our pool of talent which ranges from infants to seniors of all shapes and sizes.  We have dozens of high powered contacts in the modeling and acting business - casting directors, agents, or managers (industry professionals) - that we work with on a daily basis to market and promote our talent. It is our  job to market and promote our talent to these industry professionals.    It is up to the industry professionals to choose whom they want to use for a particular role, project, job.  That is why we cannot "guaranty" whom the industry professionals will cast.  What we can guaranty is that we will market and promote our talent so that the industry professionals know our talent is readily available for paying modeling/acting jobs.

Fees for our services are highly competitive in the industry and that is why we believe our competitors are coming after us.  Some of our competitors' packages start at $1000 for similar services and only seek NON-paying jobs for their talent.  Our packages are more reasonable and we only seek PAYING jobs for our talent.  See for yourself!  Call our office today and make an appointment!  If you have always wanted to see your name in lights, now is the time!  631.771.1301.