Complaint Review: Title Max of Georgia

• Phone: 7704129390
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Title Max of Georgia What a Deceptive RIPOFF Griffin, Georgia

*General Comment: The Republican South is FILLED WITH LOAN SHARKS...

In August 2011 my wife and I went to Title-Max of Georgia because she lost her job and we needed extra money to help during her time of unemployment.  The extremely heavy man we dealt with looked at our clear title and told us we could get a loan and we could set it up for either 6 months, 12 months,  or 24 months.  We asked for 24 months, we were never told at the time of the loan that what you pay for those 24 months is only the interest, nor were we told that we would be charged a per day late fee if we were not in on the exact day the loan became due.  What we were told is that the loan would be paid off in 24 months.  (NOT)  I recently learned that after the 24 months you still owe the principal.  I asked in October if the payments could be made payable on the 3rd since that is when I receive my retirement, the man Lee agreed to this however I am called each month and told I am late and forced to pay a per day late fee until the 3rd.  THIS COMPANY IS A LEGALIZED LOAN SHARK THAT WILL ROB YOU BLIND AND THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES ARE UNETHICAL AND AT BEST CRIMINAL.  For a $1200 loan I am paying back $3558 or more. Plus the principal which is the $1200 so in fact I am paying back $4758

I wish a government agency would put a stop to these practices because it takes advantage of people in the worst way.  We wouldn't have even gone to them had it not been for the fact that my wife was laid off.  They inflate a loan into an extemely high interest rate, and rip off the consumer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Title-Max-of-Georgia/Griffin-Georgia-30224/Title-Max-of-Georgia-What-a-Deceptive-RIPOFF-Griffin-Georgia-990587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Title Max of Georgia

#1 General Comment

The Republican South is FILLED WITH LOAN SHARKS...

AUTHOR: RC - (United States of America)

You're in the South. I have lived in GA before. I know how those title loan places are. They are awful. Very predatory. They seek to exploit. They have been sanctioned by the Republican legislators in the South due to their powerful lobbying to get away with robbing the poor and bilking the poor. Think about it. It's all "Business". Right? I call greed, greed. People tend to say if a person can make lots of money he is a "smart businessman". They never look into "HOW" he is making his money. What lives he is destroying. Then they justify corrupt behavior by saying "Ah, well, he's creating jobs but they never mention the people who have been driven into bankruptcy because of his predatory practices".

I steer clear of Title Loan Companies, Paycheck Advance companies, etc. Just steer clear. If your lights are turned off by some candles. If your water is turned off, take washups and buy bottled water or run a hose from your neighbors house to your own to get water. If you are out of food, go to a food bank. If you need gas money PAWN something.

In other words, SURVIVE and cut back. But don't go to these types of places. They will destroy you. It's a very shady and corrupt, underhanded business model they have.

Good Luck.